S.Chandrasekar

Dear Asha,
Nothing to feel bad. It is not your fault. As a travelling public, your words were right. You spoke in anger becuase your aged parents were strugling without a seat to share. Many unknown faces in the multitudes teach us a lesson and make us realise for mistakes done.
It could be a roadside beggar, rag picker, a walking blind man, rope dancing child, limping dog, a special child, or anyone you pass by daily.
Just reflect that message into your HR training schedule in an apt way. It's a tribute to them.
Regards,
Chandru

From India, Madras
mrsrao
One should think 100 times before reacting is the lesson we can pick up from this incident.
From India, Bangalore
Vina Luchmun
Dear Asha,
i can understand your pain, when you realised what had happened, i am the same way too. Here in Mauritius, i had the same experience. there is one thng i know is that, i try and do not do the same innocent mistakes again - so i guess GOD blesses me all the time. thanks for sharing, and it is part of HR.

From Mauritius, Port Louis
anitha_sarjan
Hi Asha,
Happy Onam, I learnt a lesson. iam very short tempered but in future i really think of ur experience before i could loose my temper. i willtry to control my temper, coz unknowingly i might hurt some one. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Regards
Anitha

From India, Bangalore
ricky49
hi mathew....thanks a lot for sharing such an incident coz today i have learnt something from it. And i am sure our other HR friends also. thanks a lot. rajeev.
From India, Hyderabad
kathapriyan
I salute you Ms. Asha Mathew for your confession and empathy that you felt from this life's precious lesson. Like iwise many are sobbering silently with their severe pain, but none is listening to them. We must have sense and sensitivity other than our professional guts.
Regards,

From Oman, Sohar
Bharti Karkera
That was gr8 touching story which happened in ur life...no probs in that case u had good experience and learning for urself towards the life and people. be in touch...keep posting
From India, Mumbai
kevinbajaj
I really Appreciate for ur honesty...U really need a big heart to say this...So next time U find someone around, try to listen to what they dont speak. If someone says something dont try to listen to their words instead listen to what they mean.
From India, Bangalore
ssmdev
truly an incident that must have affected you. but even more is your heart to make everyone feel the same. for having shared this experience i am sure it is going to be a prevention better than cure for many who read it, and who knows perhaps you must have gone through this ordeal to tell all those who read it, and it may save some one on a later date from an even more worse situation.
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
joyceajaf
Hello Asha Mathew
Your message touched so many facets of life. Most of all one learns the need to be sensitive and not to be too quick to judge peoples motives. One cannot totally blame you for taking offence since the couple had 2 full chairs to themselves and you must have been tired from roaming the train being eager to get seat for your elderly parents. Dont hit yourself on the head too much on this.
On the HR leg one learns to be attentive to subtle details and be able to read between the lines especially when a staff is been on the defensive about a matter. Since employees come from different walks of life and different backgrounds, the essence is for the HR executive to be mature and have an open mind in dealing with issues and not face situations with preconceived notions.
Wont bore you with more details but I appreciate your being upfront with your experience.
Thanks

From Nigeria
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.