poonam.gandhi

Hi
I just received an email from my colleague having said ‘As we aware the year is about to reach its destination” I was wondering it should have said “As we are aware”
Don’t know if she is right !
Regards
Poonam

From India, Delhi
ACT

Hi Poonam
Your use of the word 'are' is correct. However having said that, I am taking the liberty of attempting to redraft your query and help you judge your errors in your drafting.
I have just received an email from my colleague in which one sentence read as follows
‘As we aware the year is about to reach its destination”
I was wondering if it should have read as “As we are aware .......”
I don’t know if she is right !

By the way I presume the reference was to the financial year April 11 to March 12. The use of the word destination should have been avoided and instead it should have read as ' As we are aware the current financial year is coming to a close shortly.'
Hope I have clarified the matter to you.
Regards

From India, Mumbai
shreem

Hi Mr. Jacob, Your explanation to the mentioned query is informative and the way you have explained is wonderful. Thanks for putting it in such a simple way. Regards Shree
From India, Hyderabad
ACT

Hi Shree Thank you for taking time to reply and for your warm appreciation of my reply. I am glad you found the explanation relevant and simple. Regards
From India, Mumbai
Kamini Verma

Hi Jacob, I appreciate the information you shared is quite affective and explained in a very proper manner. Thanks for putting it in a simple and professional way. Regards Kamini Verma
From India, New Delhi
mampi.bvcl
dear B Jacob
i have drafted one letter that read as
"With reference to the circular No ******* dated 7th March'2012, 9th March'2012 (Friday) was declared as paid holiday for all employees of the group concern....... "
i want to know whether two dates are making confusion. actualy 1st date was the date of issue of circular and second was the date of paid holiday. more over in next paragraph i have mentioned like..."As per attendance record you were found absent on 9th march'2012. so you are hereby.................."
plz guide me
mampi nag

From India, Silchar
NamChouhan

Hi
Mampi nag
Your letter is creating confusion so it can be drafted in the following manner :
" With reference to the circular no. ****** dated 7th March'2012, a paid holiday was declared for 9th March 2012,Friday for all the employees concern..."

From India, New Delhi
ACT

Hi
First of all thank you Kamini for your appreciative comment. Thank you Mampi for expressing your confidence in me and seeking my suggestion on your draft outline. Thanks to Nam Chouhan for quickly and correctly responding to Mampi's request.
I have one observation regarding both Mampi's draft and Nam's reply and that pertains to the use of the word 'concern' at the end of the respective sentences. In my view it should read as 'concerned' since the reference is to a group of people concerned with the issue and does not pertain to an issue by itself.
In Mampi's reply the meaning of 'group concern' could also mean one of the entities of a group of companies.
Trust I have helped clarify rather than confuse.
Regards

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.