ashishpilania
Dear All,
I need your guidance on the ESIC Applicable to Mine Workers (Major Mineral - Governed by the Central Government). My doubts are:
1. Mine owners have to pay ESIC to Labors working at Mine?
2. What is the minimum labor requirement?
3. Is is applicable to Underground Mine Workers and Surface Labours. Is the rule same for all tyes of workers or different?
4. The rules talks about Power. Does that mean Generator power also. In the Mine Area there is no Electricity supply by Government. All the work is done by Generators.
I urgently need your guidance and kind help on the above matter. Looking forward to have your valuable comments.
Thanks,
Ashish

From India, Mumbai
arnab.dasgupta1983

Dear Ashish,
The purview of "Power" refers to "factory" wherein for mines you need to refer to "Mines Act".
ESIC also has a point of consideration in terms of exempted areas.As its obvious that the mines shall be in remote areas,far off from ESIC service Dispensaries or Hospitals,for workmen deployed at mines site you have to take the WC policy.

From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.