No Tags Found!

raghunath_bv

Hi Ratna,
I can understand your difficulty, in case thee in no long leave can be considered, your can give extra slary package may three months or one one month depending upon the company policies, and ater the said employee wishes to join back again based on her peformance, you consider her in the same dept or some other dept.
This could be the only legal solution to your problem and make a letter in a manner, conducive to both the parties.

From India, Bangalore
krishnavat75

Dear All

A similar query was also posted by me but CiteHR has not published the same. I have gone thru the maternity benefit Act wherein only 12 weeks leave provision is there apart from that one month leave on the basis of certificate from doctor for illness due to pregnancy is there. But leave for early pregnancy stage is not mentioned in act. I have come to know that may be a bill towards same is under consideration for 09 month maternity leave. Respecting maternity we in HR should understand the feelings and physical pain of a pregnant woman. Mr Ravi I would suggest that you should think broad on this, this could be a retention factor for lady employees.

Few Points to over come the situation.

Employee should discuss the Maternity Leave Plan in detail with Boss
HOD of function should inform HR about her Maternity Leave Plan well in advance
HOD should distribute her work among team or should go for temp. resource
Removal for maternity cause is punishable under Act.
Work from Home is good option
Provide her Laptop with data card, if she is handling quite important role
For early stage she should be given Leave without Pay if leaves are not there in her account.
Our moral support will help her to resume fast on her duty.
If a pregnant woman is there in office she should be given due respect and priority on public place i.e., cafeteria, meeting place e.t.c
Display of an abstract will educate your female employees on same.
Apart from Leaves there is a provision of Medical Bonus of Rs1000/- which should be given fairly.

Regards,

Shiv

From India, New Delhi
chum

Dear Shiv,
I agree with your statement. Yes, we HR people are here to retain and support the employees, but we also hav to ensure the smooth runnin of business processes. Rahul. Priya and Jayesh hav given good options, I would b really happy if those options come to real, and this is an optimistic view, but, think, if those options goes fail, whr management is not ready to consider, thr comes the realistic view and tat is wat I hav told - b prepared for any result.
As I said before, ball is in the court of Ratna, it is her charm hw she takes the issue. Think in pessimistic way, such tat one vl get the picture of negative consequences of issue and act realistic way- preparing ourselvz to confornt any situation, and this is the optimistic way to tackle an issue.
Wat say Shiv?:icon1:

From India, Mangaluru
satheeshanandan74

Dear All,
I agree with all your view and comments, Please suggest If I agree with her to continue as lop mean, how many months I can able to show as lop in Attendence, Payroll..... The government bodies like pf, esi and labour they are aspect the situation to maintained more then six month as lop...in reg...
Kindly suggest..
Regards
A. Satheesh

From India, Madras
chum

Dear Shiv,
I agree with your statement. Yes, we HR people are here to retain and support the employees, but we also hav to ensure the smooth runnin of business processes. Rahul. Priya and Jayesh hav given good options, I would b really happy if those options come to real, and this is an optimistic view, but, think, if those options goes fail, whr management is not ready to consider, thr comes the realistic view and tat is wat I hav told - b prepared for any result.
As I said before, ball is in the court of Ratna, it is her charm hw she takes the issue. Think in pessimistic way, such tat one vl get the picture of negative consequences of issue and act realistic way- preparing ourselvz to confornt any situation, and this is the optimistic way to tackle an issue.
Wat say Shiv?:icon1:

From India, Mangaluru
shiva_HRM

I agree with your view Chum,
But, Removing the concern employee from company roles may impact on many other internal costumers as well. Hr should make the management to stand for employees while undergoing such problems.
This is a given opportunity for HR to develop & inject a strong retention strategy among employees.
I agree with your point "Business".
Regards,
Shiv

From India, Bangalore
chum

Dear Shiv,
Yes, I do feel so....we feel personally for all the issue n giv suggestions but we are not really updated with the decision made.
Dear Ratna,
Do let us update. So tat, we may get different view of hw to tackle the problem.
Keep rockin guyz...:icon1:

From India, Mangaluru
chum

Dear Shiv,
Yes, rightly said.."Hr should make the management to stand for employees while undergoing such problems". To add this, I wud say HR should also b ready to convince n support the concerned employee, if things go sad. HR should be a bridge between the management n employees. Let us see wat Ratna is gonna do.:icon1:

From India, Mangaluru
shiva_HRM

Yes Chum, Let us see, and lets make a practice of requesting for the reality. Regards, Shiv
From India, Bangalore
Shabbir Ahmed

Legally we cant not terminate any female for ailment due to her pregnancy. There are two Acts - ESI and Maternity benefits Act and neither allow this.
Some of the matured suggestions mentioned above may be adopted.
I do not agree with Tension lene ka nahin, dene ka
Agar har koi yeh sonche to har koi ko tension milega kisi aur se.
If grand son pays the dues of father to iska matlab yeh nahin ke hum karz leten jayen meregrand father ka kar to phir mujhe dena hoga. WE should have a positive view our lives as well as of others.
Regards,
Shabbir

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.