No Tags Found!

Meenakshi Dutta

Hi,
Yes duration of notice period depends on company's policy Or as mentioned in appointment letter. However in our company an confirmed employee is supposed to give an full one month notice and for an contractual employee the duration is for 15 days.
Best Rgds,
Meenakshi

From India, Sangrur
chidu47

Hi Tribikram,
Notice period to leave the company, depend upon your company policy, your relationship with HOD, Managers and any pending works from your side.
I think it can clear you.
With regards,
Chidananda L R

From India, Panipat
mike1957

Hi Bibhutosh, the answer U/s 25F of ID act ie pertaining to retrenchment and not on regular cessation of employment. regds Michael Nicholas
From India, Madras
dpalakurthy83
But Suresh, Does IT sector come under Factories act. Please dont mistake me because I am doing a course in HRM and the lecturer told that Factories act is not applicable to IT sector. Durga
From India, Hyderabad
mike1957

Ms Durga, Your lecturer is correct. As on date the IT sector is construed to be an industry as per the ID/factories Act definition. Rgds Michael Nicholas
From India, Madras
gour.pratap
hi, i think it is industry specific. notice period can be defined as the time period for which the employee has to notify the company before parting with it.
but as much as i know i think its atleast a month.
hope u got ur answer..
regards!

From India, New Delhi
Rupendra
Dear,
Regarding Notice Period, it depends on the company policy it varies company to company.
when an employee is under probation period 1 month notice period is enought and after completion of probation period 2 months notice period is mandatory because for handing over the work, completion of the task given.
in the same if manager feels that whatever task we have given to him/her is already completed or going to be completed within 10-15 in that case manger can waive off the reamining notice period.
so here my suggestion is first of all u have to check you internal manner that what type of work you generally do and take a session with top management and after then whatever conclusion comes just go by that.
Bye take care
Regards,
Rupendra Mehta

From India, New Delhi
Poonam Sriram
Hi, It also depends on the desingation. For IT & ITES it is different. In IT below TM 30 day Above TM 60 days In ITES PE & SPE 30 days TL & ABOVE 60 DAYS PM & Above 90 DAYS
From India, Madras
hellobindu
Hi,
By now your query must be resolved.
But notice period policy differs from Co to Co..
For ex we expect a unconfirmed employee to serve 1 week's notice period while a confirmed employee serves 1 month. The employee is liable as per his appointment letter.
The notice period is ethically expected expectially for Sr positions so that a proper hand over is done after you are gone.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.