No Tags Found!

Anonymous

Dear All, Need your valuable suggestion. I joined an organisation in first week of March. All I have right now is letter of intent which is nothing but details copy pasted in email body from official email ID without any attachment. I would have got hard copy of the appointment letter but lockdown happened after two weeks of joining. As part of salary proof, I have bank statement. Can I show this as a part of employment in the resume? Please suggest.
From India, Bengaluru
loginmiraclelogistics

Yes, it’s ok. you are free to make use of whatever docx available/in your possession to substantiate your past service.
From India, Bangalore
sumit.panwar

Thanks Sir. However I have one more question.We have not got any salaries from last 4 months now and also our official email ID’s are not working. How should i resign if I want to
From India, Bengaluru
loginmiraclelogistics

If you've decided to resign and wish to send a communication some how, you can write/type & print, sign and post it to your HR, c.c.to HoD/Lead. If you have a personal eMail ID (gmail/yahoo/rediffmail) you are free to send an eMail also, followed by a post or courier. Speed post/Regd.post Ack.due is the best choice. Follow it up with your formalities like handing over co's properties and detailed status report to your reporting Manager/Lead/HoD/HR, in that order. I think you have their contact Nos. why don't you talk to them freely and take their advice also? Which also give an answer to your past salaries.

Since in the days of pandemic, with intermittent lockdown you would have really very few days of work if at all you marked any attendance. But this is a period to be reckoned as 'employed' in xyz co. and you might as well require a relieving letter, if possible you have to obtain it and use wherever necessary.

From India, Bangalore
Manish Kumar 007
Working from last four months attract serving notice period or pay salary in lieu but since you have not accepted/acknowledge the hard copy of the appointment letter nor have received any salary then your appointment with Company is void where no attendance is marked by you.
So there is nothing wrong if you leave the Company but if you ask for salary then you have to serve notice period or salary in lieu depending upon Company policy.

From India, Gurgaon
Bhartiya Akhil

Dear Sumit Panwar,

You joined the organisation in the month of March 2020. After two weeks of your joining Lock-down was declared.

You have some proof in your hand in respect of your employment with the organisation. Your organisation has not paid you any salary since your joining and the official email of the company is also not working. You do not know what is the status of your employment.

This is the fact what I could gathered from your above posts and I wish to advise you as under:

1. Start looking for another job.

2. Do not show this employment in your resume as you hardly worked there.

3. After opening the lock-down if the company calls you and you have no job in your hand then join them. In that case your company may offer you the salary from March 2020 onwards.

4. The company is liable to pay you the salary for March 2020 till the date of Lock-down. For the period of lock-down, it is up to your company to give you salary sitting you at home keeping aside what is the law or directives by Government. Since your stake in the company is very small, I will not advise you to fight with the company legally.

5. Forget and forgive every thing as on date and concentrate on searching new job.

From India, Mumbai
loginmiraclelogistics

Hi SumitP

You are free to take decision in the given situation as we suggested above. You may also consider what's better suited. If you chose resignation and the tag of your employer carrying a reputed brand value Co. & that would boost up your CV, then you may do like this.

1. You may be serving your Probation period though it's only for a couple of weeks. And presumably the PP may be 6 months to 1 yr or so with a provision of notice period of one month in adv. If this is correct, you may send a formal letter requesting them to treat the period under lockdown as your notice on resignation and close the matter.

2. Did anybody ask you to use the option/opportunity WorkFromHome, if yes what's it's status?

3. Hopefully, when you join a new employer soon, you may think of telling the truth if would add to your employability.

4. In any case you should discuss with your office to know what's what which is appropriate and would help you to take a decision.

All the best.

From India, Bangalore
sumit.panwar

In continuation to the post
1. Our official IDs have stopped working
2. There is no update from management
3. All I have only email copy of offer/intent letter that too copy pasted with no attachment
4. Bank Statement proof of one month salary I got
If I join somewhere else, what all should I show as a documentary proof. Pls Suggest

From India, Bengaluru
loginmiraclelogistics

Hi Sumit,
I have suggested you to visit your office and find out what is the status of your position. Having received salary it's evident that you are borne on their pay roll and for all purposes you are employed there.
You need to know whether you can continue to work there or otherwise. Then only you'll be able to decide. How about EPF A/c, have they opened your a/c or not.
The fact that your official eMail ID stopped doesn't mean you have been removed or so.
Even if you are treated as separated there should be a logical conclusion of this position. What were you doing all these months, almost all factories, unit have resumed their operations, partly or fully. Now, in Phased-4 more relaxations have been announced, inter-state & intra-state travel without ePass has been allowed. Why you are shy of visiting your office and find out. If they allow you to resume, make up your mind, whether to continue or not, then only other things will follow. What docs you have is fine. Have you tried for a new job & got it in the interim say 4-5 months?

From India, Bangalore
sumit.panwar

Sir, have already cross checked there is no EPF account opened. I am looking for new jobs, will formally resign on company ID mentioned on ROC soon. Appreciate your help
From India, Bengaluru
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.