Anonymous
Due to mental torture in the company I had resigned and now serving notice period. I went in to depression because of this and want to get relived early. Giving this reason the company is not reliving and saying serve notice period or take LOP. Meanwhile I git a new offer and Dey are telling me to join by next week if not they will cancel the offer.. how to proceed
From India, Bengaluru
athithya-v
Due to mental torture in the company I had resigned and now serving notice period. I went in to depression because of this and want to get relived early. Giving this reason the company is not reliving and saying serve notice period or take LOP. Meanwhile I git a new offer and Dey are telling me to join by next week if not they will cancel the offer.. how to proceed
From India, Bengaluru
Sripreethikm
Need insights on this because many in my department are in the same mindset..
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Please don't take anything personally on the work front.

Work takes up a significant percentage of your life and when you execute work with zeal you will not feel depressed. Lack of interest in doing the work leads to feelings of disappointment, bitterness, and lack of interest, leading to job dissatisfaction. Any way now that you had already submitted resignation and serving notice period where ever possible try to complete the notice period as per the terms and conditions of your employment. This will help you get proper relieving with experience certificate. However if you are very keen of getting relieved immediately please check your employment terms. If your Employer agrees for payment in lieu of notice period then for balance notice period you make proportionate amount of gross salary. This way you get relief with relieving letter as well. But please do not disclose to your current employer that you are holding a better offer.

From India, Madras
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Please don't take anything personally on the work front.

Work takes up a significant percentage of your life and when you execute work with zeal you will not feel depressed. Lack of interest in doing the work leads to feelings of disappointment, bitterness, and lack of interest, leading to job dissatisfaction. Any way now that you had already submitted resignation and serving notice period where ever possible try to complete the notice period as per the terms and conditions of your employment. This will help you get proper relieving with experience certificate. However if you are very keen of getting relieved immediately please check your employment terms. If your Employer agrees for payment in lieu of notice period then for balance notice period you make proportionate amount of gross salary. This way you get relief with relieving letter as well. But please do not disclose to your current employer that you are holding a better offer.

Please do not opt for termination as it will become black mark your career. Also if you abscond and join new employer your current employer will take some time to initiate disciplinary action and to close your file. Meanwhile if you join with you employer that would result in dual employment and also mismatch in PF. So please don't be hasty.

From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi Athithya,
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been facing at your current company. It's important to prioritize your mental health, and I would recommend seeking support from a mental health professional during this challenging time. In terms of your notice period and the new offer, it might be beneficial to have an open and honest conversation with your current employer about your situation and the new opportunity. Additionally, it could be helpful to seek legal advice to understand your rights and options in this situation. Take care and I hope everything works out for the best.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.