No Tags Found!

Luuk
There are no dumb people , a degree is important, but what is most important to have a plan. Run your life the same as you would run a company or a business. Failure is NO option, everybody can succeed, be positive.
Communicate face to face, do not rely on others to give you a job, but look for opportunities through connection. ( not websites ) People you know and have met in school, college, sport etc.
I run programmes in several countries, this to give people an practical inside in Business, no theory.
Good luck, you will find a way, most people do

From New Zealand, Wellington
dudeshane01
Both are necessary dude.
Cant do without any one of them.
If you want to work long in the same company which offers good growth, you might not have to care about getting a degree. (Since you already have a job you can excel in)
If you want to find new jobs etc, degree is important.

From Japan, Toyonaka
plant_gppl
Dear Amjad,
It is very important for the members who are having experience without required qualifications to upgrade themselves with the recent developments & to acquire required skills through part time learning.There are many organisations taking initiatives through training sessions & sponsorship. They ensure that the employees are well groomed to take it on.
Pl remember. Learning is a never ending process.
Regards,
Mohan.

From India, Hyderabad
cyrilsunil
Degree or Experience? What matters? What Counts

A really nice question and the answer is "the passion and Patiance".

If a person who is not having any degree but with patiance and passion stays on with the ups and down in the same organisation, and when he desire to be in a mangement team and company deserves such candidates its just matter of Expereince. I have examples where in a Diploma holder shere with his dedication and extrodinary desire and hard work reached the position of Vice President. There are few more stories where in an ordinary draftsmen with experience and loyal to the company, the company designated him Design Engineer. The point of the matter is not degree but experience with passion and patiance.

However the second side is just degree, I had visited an High Performing Organisation, all operations were done by the engineers. The culture lasted only for 5 years thats because engineers thought they were just being used as machine.

So .......... we cannot definetly endose degree or experience but blend of both.

From India, Mumbai
lovely kharbanda
Experience and Degree has the same importance and value.If a person has only a Degree.Then he has to start from a beginning i.e. he has to learn a lot about how th e organization functions.On the contrary, If a person has an experience.He is very well accustomed with the functioning of organization.

He doesn't have to to be trained.If a person has got the experience.Then, he has a practical qualification rather than the bookish qualification that counts more and make anybody more knowledgeable as comparison to the BACHEOLAR DEGREE.

At the end,Experience and qualification.They both are equivalent important.

Experience of 3years after 10+2 has a equal importance as of a bacheolar degree.

But it is important that you should continue your education with your working...It gives you immense and extra advantage in entering the good corporate.

i have started working after my second year.I had completed the graduation as well as attended the classes on my saurday and sunday.

currently i am pursuing my masters 2nd year and has an experience of 3years.

Thanks

Lovely.

From India, Mumbai
chandrasekaran1970

Dear Sir,
An Experienced nurse can't become a doctor. Event though one is experienced one is required to have degree related to that field. Some fields are exceptional. They are:
1. Music. Most of the renowned musicians are not degree holders. But they have becom world famous.
2. Art. Most of the cine and drama actors are degree holders. Further, some actors are illiterate but due to their experience and skill they achieved the pinnacle in their life.
3. Goldsmiths and Jwellary business: Such business people don't have even school education. But, they succeed in their business.
Hence, experience alone or degree alone can't help in some their fields. Degree with experience will make a person perfect in all dimensions of his professional career.
Chandrasekaran, Madurai. 12 Aug 2011

From India, Madurai
charanjeetmbd
Dear Mr. Amzad

This question is very interesting as well as very valuable for those who does not have any certificate or diploma or any Mgmnt degree, still they have a sound knowledge along with rich experience (10 to 15 Yrs) of their respective departments like HRM, Finance or Accounts.

I my opinion a person having a degree of MBA or Diploma in some respective field with no or small experience he does'nt know the practical knowledge or exp. in working that how to face the pressure or how to handle the critical situation in some emergency cases and many more practical exper. these kind of person must not be compare with/ against the rich experience holder person, because the experienced person having all kind of practical & theoretical knowledge, and off course there degree or diploma should not count a advantage against the rich experience. books always based on theoretical experience but somewhere its contains some example with practical experience but it is not sufficient that where two different persons are there one of them is only experienced and one of them is only diploma holder having 1-2 yrs little experience, recruiter must be always beware that it is not compulsory that degree holder always good candidate instead only experienced person.

Conclusion is that Experience never count small or poor than a degree holder person and if the person having rich exp. in his respective field must me selected because in earlier period it was not compulsory for those who started their career before 10-20 yrs ago. Nowdays is completely professionalism therefore any incompetent person can take the degree from anywhere to create more completion between the unemployed people therefore recruiter of any company must be careful to select the right candidate he should decide that what he is going to select "EXPERIENCE" OR ONLY "DEGREE/DIPLOMA".

Thanks

Charanjeet Singh

From India, Bareli
asokiti

Dear Amjad Lala,

Your question is very relevant in the changed scenario of globalization. Actually people should have the learning aptitude rather than acquiring certificates. But acquiring qualification surely adds updation of knowledge. Attitude and interest is the basic skill required by an employees. I think your question is mere psychological one.... Present day's Recrutment Manager should give more importance to the interest and aptitude of the candidate while doing the selection process. In my experience, one of my friend who was having 2nd rank in MTech(IT) from Kharagpur IIT,. but he was not having actual aptitude in IT field. One day he mentioned about my aptitude in the IT area even though I was not having any technical qualification in working in the IT field. Finally he quit the organization because of his mental conflict. When I was joined in the Central Public Sector organization, I was having only graduation, after wards I acquired MBA(HR),MHRM,MSC(Psy)and now persuing Mphil(Mgt). After acquiring all these qualification, my thinking pattern changed completely. Simply measuring people based on their qualification is not good. But if the organization is able to tap/utilise the potential of the people for the organizational effectiveness, it will be a value addition to the organization....I think present modern organizations including IT/ITES industries are able to succeed in this mission, and they are becoming SUNRISE industries..... Hence people should be assessed based on their knowledge, creativity, innovative thinking, aptitude, attitude, research mind etc., ie., in a psychological manner.... This the main reason for the failure of today's Govt of India Public Sector..... My experience from the present employer....taught me lot of lessons.... Here nobody wants knowledge or learning aptitude....... If I would have been in a present day Modern Organization,. they might have been utilized my knolwedge for the organization,

In my experience, comparing people with qualification is not favourable, but each and every individual of an organization should be directed to add knowledge and capabilities for converting the organization in to a Learning organization....

Recruitment should be based on the aptitude and interest in the job......Through psycho metric assessment HR Manager can reveal the potential of the candidate.

Another point is that we are enjoying a lot nowadays because of the dedicated invention of people, People like Marie Curie who have even dedicated her life for invention. If we go through the History..... they were not even having any certificates....

There are lot of inventions are also happening in the agricultural field.... mere farmers are inventing a lot based on their past experience... They are not even able to acquire patent for their inventions..... Can we under estimate these people based on their qualification........ Sorry for killing your precious time...

with best regards

Asok kumar.R

From India, Bangalore
timenagain
Dear all,,

This is an interesting discussion, I would like to put forward the following views.

1. Many Management gurus have evolved out of experience which is an ever changing aspect.

2. If you consider a dynamic organisation or for that matter, any organisation deals with issues related to HR that are always dynamic. In this scenario a degree limits itself to the application of acquired knowledge, whereas experience takes it one step beyond by adapting to requirements. Everyone would agree that the end product of this mangagement is the organisational objective.

3. Every organisation is unique in its own way of operation and management, How could there be a common parlance in management. The basics may still be workable which is gained through knowledge by a degree, however if one has to adapt or rather develop in an ever changing scenario, its the experience which counts. Only experience can give an upper hand in handling various scenarios and meet challenges.

for the purpose of discussion I have limited the scope to experience vs Knowledge however considerations like, personal, attitudinal and behavourial traits dont form a part of this discussion.

regards

From India, New Delhi
TamilEelam
Dear Seniors
The degree and Experience is two eyes of HR in the present situation .The most important point as for the psychological Concept the Environment and Experience is molded to the personality of every professional
as for HR Concern The Experience is most important advantage of effectively Manage the Human Resources...
The most of the Degree and post graduate degree holders are not for having the fundamental knowledge of HR.I am not for criticizing the candidates if you give provide 2 year experience it will create grate knowledge of HR......
After that the indian Educational system is not for perfect for the present corporate expectations.
in my conclusion is the Professional qualification and Experience is most important qualities of present HR Management
With Regards

From India, Coimbatore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.