Madhu.T.K

Dear Mr. Ramamurthy,
The one of the basic concepts of levying tax is involvement of individuals in public funds. In the case of PT also the same is applied. I do understand the infrastructure available in panchayats despite amount collected by way of different taxes. But being a citizen of India, all of us are equally responsible to follow rules framed by the appropriate authorities.
For factories and establishments separate profession tax payable on the basis of their turn over is also there. Besides this, the license fees based on the plinth area occupied is also payable. But remember that whatever paid under these heads are treated as business expenditure and for which 100% exemption is granted. Moreover, panchayats do not take any share of profits earned by the companies.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
MEENAKSHISUNDARAM

HI,
Thanks to all your replies,sir as per your statement local municipality raises its fund for development as PT, then what they are doing with road tax, house tax, water tax, i beleive EB is also added with tax, and finally IT,if this much of tax paid by an individual does nothing with development of our country,then why pay them.Even in central budget i see fund being allocated to each state where are those funds, and adding to it our fund is also been included and where is the development. If excuse are ment with bad administrators of municipality and who is going to take care of it, as a tax payer i beleive everyone has the responsibilty.
Hence i beleive only centralised taxation will provide us with clear solution.
It does not matter with meger amount being collected, why and for what it is being collected.

Sorry if i am wrong anywhere, its just an information i just want to put in the forum to all that all happens not only by bad administrators rather than paying them silent.

thanks
Sundar

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.