Anonymous
I want to know about valuable policies we can implement to increase and track the productivity of the employees?
From India, Chandigarh
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

By designing policies, an organisation cannot track the productivity of the employees. To track productivity, one needs to have a deep knowledge of Operations Management. Productivity needs to be tracked in the following order:

a) Organisational productivity
b) Department's productivity
c) Individual productivity

Productivity tracking is nothing but measuring costs and ratios associated with the business. However, measuring costs and ratios is not that easy. It requires a supporting infrastructure and the right kind of employees also.

Anyway, if you wish to know more, feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Sheen Choudhary
Thank you so much. Still there are some policies that asks to the employees for proper work follow up and reports submission. I wanted to know if there are some.
From India, Chandigarh
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sheen Choudhary,

You have written "Still there are some policies that asks to the employees for proper work follow up and reports submission."

In that case, you need Standard Operating Procedures (SPOs) and not the policies. While the former are specific to a particular process, the latter are for the entire organisation. The policies could be a plan of action adopted by an individual or by a group of employees.

Whether policies or SOPs, designing them requires expertise. SOPs designed for some other organisation may not be useful to you. Even if you get them, a lot of rework is needed.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.