No Tags Found!

EmployeeHere
In my offer letter, my PF amount and Professional tax are missing in the breakdown of my gross salary.

Gross shown is only basic+da, hra, and special allowance. But, employee PF and tax are also deducted from the gross to arrive at the in-hand/take-home salary, so why refuse to show these components explicitly in the offer?

HR says will show later in the salary slip.

Any idea what can be done?

From India, Ernakulam
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, PF has to be 12% of Basic+DA. However if the Basic salary is lesser than Rs.15000/- then PF can be calculated on Gross minus HRA. Professional Tax will be based on your salary slab.
From India, Madras
EmployeeHere
Hi Vmlakshminarayanan,

Doesn't answer my question. (Ignore, if you are a bot).

I asked, why it doesn't show, not how it is calculated. Besides, I know what the amount is, just that it is NOT there in the offer letter. Which brings me back to the same question, why won't they show it in the offer letter?

Regards

From India, Ernakulam
somnath.aaryan

If your job offer doesn't mention stuff about your PF (Provident Fund) and Professional Tax, no worries, just chat with your HR or payroll folks. They're the go-to people for this info. Give your employment contract a quick look or flip through the company handbook - sometimes, they hide these details in there. Also, check out your company's policies; they often spill the beans on PF and tax stuff. If you're still stuck, shoot HR a message asking for a written confirmation on how PF and tax things work. Maybe ask your colleagues too – they might have the lowdown on these things. And don't forget to peek at your payslips; sometimes, the details are hiding there. Just be cool about it when you bring it up with HR or your boss. If all else fails, and you're feeling a bit stuck, there's no harm in getting some legal advice to know your rights. Just remember, open communication is the key.
From India, Kolkata
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.