No Tags Found!

arunhrd.pcp
what is the current scenario for Paternity/ Childcare leave in manufacturing Sector in India
From India, Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

While we have Maternity leave for female employees , I think there is no legal provision for Paternity leave for Male employees. I believe there is some provision for Central Govt Employees for Paternity Leave. However Private Sector Employer at their own discretion can consider for this provision and this leave would be helpful for the eligible Fathers to support their spouse and new born baby.

From India, Madras
s t krishnarao karumuri

Hi There is no legal provision for paternity leave. Most of the company giving leaves as per their company internal policy. K S T KRISHNA RAO
From India, Bangalore
abhishek-dhingra1

Currently there is no legal provision for paternity leave as of now, but some companies for the motivation of employees and for being a good employer towards there employees makes the policy for the same.

Also, for the equal justice for both the genders in the corporate offices / manufacturing sector / branch offices / company stores, this should be followed.

Further, in India most of the big MNC's follow this culture and made a policy for the same i.e Paternity leave may be availed before 3 days of the expected delivery of the child which may be for a period of 15 days, 10 days or 1 month as the case may be depending upon the management. Policy may also include the provision like the employee should have worked with the establishment for a minimum period of 80 days and so on.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.