No Tags Found!

smitalanke
Dear Swati,
I agree with Mr. Aravind. I am also a HR professional, who has shifted from Sales to HR. I would just give u my point of view on the whole " impression" of HR professionals that they are cheated or else not given increments like others.
One of the CEOs had once commented that "we should have more people "doing" things then just people "watching" people do things". This i m sure u must have understod.
In most of the companies HR is treated as a overhead function. So thus comes the returns.
In my opinion , it is high time that HR outcomes are related to the bottom lines of the company. Because if WE manage people, it has to reflect in the :"contribution" we are making towards the growth of the company.
I am sure when WE as HR professionals are able to align our work with one of the basic fundamentals of business:- "profit", we wont have any complaints!!
This is just my view. I would like to hear from people their reactions in this take too.
Thanks,
Smita.

From India, Pune
chum

Dear Smita,
We are the people who mange the so called resource Human! n which is very sensitive. Smita, we are human managers n think, wat the mindset we have to have?! I wud say, make ur presence felt by ur people by ur creative HR activities, and I am sure, u wl be recognized. Get rid of old things, Smita, we build the culture of organisation n the attitude of people & we are the back bone!, Wat u say??. "Nobody is perfect, but, always try to be perfect"! Keep rockin....

From India, Mangaluru
sendtoshaji@gmail.com

Hey..don’t worry, these all part of it. As CHUM recomded maintaining regular communication with key staff and management will certnly help you Cheer up Shaji
From Qatar
parulmakkar

Dear Swati,

Although your matter was taken by you as depressing and disheartening, while i see it through a different angle. If your Boss has given you a 3 out of 5, this is a great news!! He thinks that you still can do more to cover up those 2 points. He believes in you!! And thinks that more can be extracted out of ya.

Showing less energy towards your work seems natural if looked at an instant spur, but if u look at it from a long term view, its a golden opportunity.

I agree with some gentleman, Mr. Vikram Paneri, who has mentioned that may be your organisation needs more of high end strategic HR activities implemented.

As far as my knowledge goes, you may start up by designing a Employee Satisfaction and Expectation Survey, which will cover the satisfaction level among employees (as well as key members) and make them pen down their expectations out of HR Dept and the organsiation as a whole. Strike on their lacking skills, see if they require some kinda technical training, try and solve their interpersonal conflicts (if any, scietifically). Of whatever inferences you may draw out of these, try and organise some technical training sessions (as it wud help ur mgt increase their PROFITable output) and thus is more likely to prove your efforts as PROACTIVE.

Also, you may further set each one's KRA sheets formed (a proper one, with all KRA and KPI parameters listed). This Goal setting/ KRA exercise is what we are doing this year and is very scientific and one can get more control over the ops really well.

For PMS you may try your hand with 360 degree appraisal for atleast the Key Members and yourself. This will show your Key ppl where actually they stand and will mark/appraise them accordingly. Also, ur major problem of others appreciating your efforts and only the BOSS not appreciating will be solved, as it will cover the feedback from all ends, that cant be really ignored!!!

We have to accept this that ours is a support function, but we have to make it more fruitful by actually realising the mgt that we support the Ops team in bringing in more profits!!!

Try out the above points this year and see the magic...

All the BEST!!!

From India, Delhi
kalpana.shastri

Dear Swati,
It does not help even a bit to lose heart and motivation. You seem to be taking all the right steps so it should just be a matter of time when all your efforts are recognized. Do feel free to contact me if ever you need any help in team building/motivation training processes for a more productive team. I would also like you to attend our two days EFFECTIVE HR program on the 6th & 7h of Feb '09. Many HR executives have gained from the unique program.
Best cheers.
Kalpana Gopinath

From India, Pune
rashidmusa

There is lot of I first you rhave to remove I and replace word "We" then what is proactive HR mean by your boss. Does he mean hire and fire people or he mean re-inventing wheel.
HR is not rocket science and yoru boss is illiterate so far is HR concern. I got one and only impression that your boss doesnot want to reward you therefore playing words game with you.
Ask him what exactly he mean by Proactive HR. He may even not knowing what is exactly he mean by this word Proactive HR.
I can use manysuch words: HR with penetration, Break through HR, Upbeat HR, Practicle HR, Tacticle HR, Horizontal HR, Vertical HR, Corssfunction HR.
I can use thousands of words but all these are "bakwas bazi" .
Regards
Rashid

From Saudi Arabia
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.