fahdkhan

Hello Rijji,
I personally believe that if an employee is left with SL then let the employee avail it because if you dont allow then employee will come up with some false statements just to avail the SL, in other words HR will be encouraging employees to come up with false stories. Moreover CL, EL & SL has already been alloted to the employee and it is budgeted so there wont be any change on the budget even. Let the employee be in ease :)
Regards,
Fahd Khan Sherani

From Pakistan, Karachi
Jeroo Chandiok

An employee who has already exhausted all his EL and CL has obviously got into the habit of going on leave regularly. If you allow him to make false claims and use his SL also, then you are not doing him any favours. On the contrary.

It is true that sometimes employees take a day's or two days' leave claiming they were unwell - fever or other minor ailment - and if HR believes them, and there is no proof to the contrary, then there is nothing that can be done.

But to officially allow employees to utilise their SL for casual work or holidays is ethically incorrect. SL is meant for a specific purpose and should not be misutilised.

To allow employees to so misutilise leave, is giving them a wrong signal that anything goes. This will only lead them to cheat the company in other ways also.

This would also send a wrong message to employees who are ethical, that such inethical practices are not only allowed, they are encouraged.

It would be better to treat such absence as 'leave without pay'. If the employee is still determined to go on leave, then he has to bear the consequences.

Jeroo

From India, Mumbai
fahdkhan

Hello Jeroo, I agree with you but please try to be more practical because real world with real people is very different :wink: Regards, Fahd Khan Sherani
From Pakistan, Karachi
Rahul.Tiwari

Hello Amit Sir,
I am fully agree with you. But some time we allows SL against personal leave during 0 balance of CL /EL. It makes employee happy and nobody say lie that he was sick. or not conveying false massage of sickness. It is very much clear to all our staff that this kind of leave can be adjusted only after mutual understanding, its not their right to claim every time.
Amit sir, please confirm us we are doing right or wrong.
Regards,
Rahul Tiwari

From India, Ambala
subhanwesh

Hi All
I have gone through all comments. But I support Resham, b coz an employee should not be treated as a machine. He has some family obligations also. We cannot mark him absent only b coz he has left with no proper leave balance. But yes we cannot ofcourse encourage this kind of relaxation in every cases.
Regards,
Subh

From India, Calcutta
NKTiwari

Ethically sick leaves are for sickness only. However in many companies sick leaves are allowed on the basis of medical certificate if the absence is for more than three days. In our company sick leave is cumulative so that employees can avail the same in case any serious diseases/illness. logic of Sick leave in lieu of casusl leave or earned leaved is not acceptable.
You may consider SL but please don't put forward the logic of in liu of CL or EL.
regards
NKT

From United States, Cambridge
neeraj_m

If it is defined in hr manual/ standing order that medical certificate is necessary for availing sl then it is ok . other wise you can not mark him as lop. Neeraj
From India, Madras
L.Kumar

Dear Riji When any leave is available in employees credit, you can not deduct LOP and the employee can be allowed to avail his SL Regards L.Kumar
From India, Madras
Shanmugam Thilakk

SL EL CL ....
EL - It is Earned Leave, You can take this leave when any occasions or personal reasons (It may be 12 or 15 or 21 or 30 - depending upon companys the no.of leave will differ)
CL - Casual Leave - same as EL, but its may be 7 or 8
SL - its Sick Leave - it should be taken when employee is sick (it may be 8), also he / she has to produce Doctor Certificate
EL and SL can cumulate up to 2 years
at any cause we can not give SL instread of EL / CL
Best Regards
Shanmugam Thilakk
Mb 0936 44 22880
Email :

From India, Salai
nskhichi
Dear Friend,
The Job that we do includes a major responsibility of keeping an employee's life at ease and not make it difficult.
Hence the best thing is to be flexible in such things and take it case be case and do not roll out a policy saying that one can be taken in place of the other.
At my company i allow ppl to take CL's when SL's are over and vice versa.I go on to PL/EL only after the SL/CL are over. LOP is the last thing i would do.
Open to contrary views.
NSK.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.