No Tags Found!

sunayna

whatever doesn’t break u, will only make u stronger :icon1: in the end, u r your own judge. leave if u want, stay if u think u can survive. Don’t worry, be Happy
From India, Mumbai
riyazmirasdar
Hello sirnivas,
This is not a new issue the thing your have take in to consideration and u have 2 work work strategically.
  1. First thing is your r going 2 change things and u r d person who is making changes.so, u will face this type of situation.
  2. Things which u have started people r not used to it.so, induce the change very smoothly and slowly.
  3. No matter what stick to your tings.
Good luck.:)

From India, Bangalore
malathin
Hi,
:confused: HRM is a tough business to be in, because humans are not predictable. As a HR person it is important that you are seen to be fair, which means that you are not the rep. of the Management only but sympathetic to your co workers as well.
Also, while ideas are plenty, it is wise to implement them gradually and if possible by consensus.
Hang in there & don't quit your post!

From France, Clermont-ferrand
surendravarma

Hi Srini,

I understand that HR managers job is not easy. But Managing change is always a challenge for all HR managers across the globe in any sector any region.

Changing field or quting a job is not the ultimate solutions because challenge is there with every job be it HR or any other. So if you choose to quit at this moment or choose to change your field then i think you need to change your field or quit a job in every six months because this would be the situation you would be into in every six months.

Before you implement any change you need to understand what is history of the things happening in organization and how people are used to work in particular atmosphere. What is important to implement first. After you study all this fisrt people will ask why there is a need of this change and second question would be what benefit they will get if they accept this change. Before impleting any change you need to have solid answer of these two questions and your job is to convince Management and line managers on new policy . If they are convinced half of your job done.

When you implement new policy at the same time you also try to implement some policies which are employee benefited. For example you can go for employee insurance policies, You can tie-up with Gym or Yoga institute where you employees get good discount on using their services. Tie-up with Labs or Retail Malls where your employee get hefty discount on body test or any purchase. If you do these things they will get confidence on you , then they will accept you as good HR manager and respect you and they will aslo accept work discpline policies. I know it is not as easy as we say but this happens over a period of time and for that you need to have patience.

I hope this would help you in taking right decision.

Regards,
Surendra

From India, Surat
jitendrasingh_ajmer

hi all hr brothers,
I also joined recently in a distilary company and here is not any system. this is true that hr job is difficult, but we take this as a chalange. we are the persons who make the system to better growth of company.
hr person is a channel between employee and employer also. so enjoy

From India, Jaipur
Ronald Mackenzie

Dear Srini,
I have previously managed HR and am now consulting and I have been in a similar place. Outlined below is what I did to change the organisation;
- should HR be seen as the manager (to lead, direct & control) or support the manager
- start by presenting a HR plan (where the org should go) and get the manager to sign off that agrees with the plan
- the plan should include KPI's where the manager can monitor and review
- next, get employees represented on committees to contribute to decisions
- recognise and reward good employees for improvements
- establish an internal newsletter that informs employees of the changes (so they can see why, when, how)
The outcome if postive change in a planned and measured way
My e mail address is
Good luck
Ron

From Netherlands
SrinivasanShri

Dear Friends, Thank you for your valuable advices and Motivations. I will never giveup. I will get back you with Sucessful HR Manager. Thanks once again. Best Regards, Srinivasan
From India, Madras
swetasawant

Dear All
I am also working with such organization where the union are so strong that any change towards them will never be accepted. They will bang your head for every silly things and you will feel that you should quit from such an life. You cannot manage your work life as the work load is such that you cannot share with family.
So as an manager if you get demotivated how to work in such an atmosphere. Is it confirm that if you quit this job you will not get such type of treatment in other job where you join.
Failure is an stepping stone towards success and it doesn't comes in short period yu have to struggle for it.
If you want to share some feeling with me or want some guidance than you can call me on my cell no 9909001742
Abhijeet Sawant

From India, Ahmadabad
tdprasad
Dear Sri,
By nature it is easy bring in relaxations in organisational culture than introducing tougher norms.
When trying to improve discipline involve those involved or their representatives in a tactful manner (participative change as opposed to direct change).
Be patient. Improved discipline does not happen overnight. The present state is the result of laxness of the previous mangers especially the senior managemnt. This has become an organisational culture.
Be tough yet humane. Condone the odd violation which has genuine reasons. Think of some recognition for those display discipline.
Involve the senior hirearchy. Get their support. This has to be done tactfully. Otherwise you would in all likelihood convey to them that they were incompetent tiil you came!
Hell! a manger's life is not a bed of roses. If you are tough (yet humane )then you will be accepted and respected.
Best wishes
TD Prasad

From India, Chennai
lavakumar_100
HI Srini , Please call me on My No 9986024316. I will help you in this. I believe this is the start stage where you will come across these situations. Even I had the same situation but was able to tackle situations. Thanks and RegardsLava Kumar
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.