No Tags Found!

gourav-jain1
I have Submitted resignation to current company on 20 the feb 2020, for which i have to serve notice period of 60 days and my last date would be 19 April 2020.
As you know Lock down period is imposed till 14 April 2020 as expected.
Now New Company HR is Uncertain about my joining date as of now, in this situation, should i extend my notice period current company last date. is it possible to extend notice period. How should i tackle this situation . I dont want to be jobless.

From India
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Gourav,
It is a little early to say anything at this stage. Though national lockdown may be lifted, the state government may continue with it depending on the situation that will prevail on 14th April. We do not know whether the lockdown in your city will continue or not.
Has your current company arranged your replacement? If yes, then they may not need you. However, if they could not get the replacement then possibly they may approach you for the extension of the notice period. Therefore, let the request come from them.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.