No Tags Found!

ashish.kr2066

Dear HR Friend’s, Can anyone tell me what is ex-gratia and when it’s paid, what’s the max. limit and is taxable or non-taxable? Ashish Kumar
From India, Mumbai
abbasiti

Dear Ashish Kumar,
For bonus payment there are several limitation under the Payment of Bonus Act viz. 1) Salary limit, i.e Rs.10,000. 2) Limit on salary for bonus calculation, i.e Rs. 3,500. 3) Limit on percentage, i.e 20% etc. If the Organization is able and ready to pay beyond these limits, it is called ex-gratia. Accordingly there is no limit for ex-gratia, but in compliance with the affordability and discretion of Management.
The maximum time limit for Bonus payment is 8 months from the financial year. Normally the payment may be connected with any festiavals within the period viz. Deepavali, Ganesha Chathurthi, Onam etc. Ex-gratia will also be disbursed during these time. Bonus/ ex-gratia payments will attract Income Tax.
Abbas.P.S

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.