No Tags Found!

arunvmr
Hi All:
I understand that the Gratuity for any death case would be calculated based on below formula(as per Gratuity act):
Gratuity amount= (No. of year service in company + No. of service years left till his age of 58 ) * (15/26*Last drawn basic)
Points to note:
1. Gratuity amount can have a slab of Rs. 3,50,000/- and this can be relaxed if company is willing to give more compensation
2. Gratuity amount is non-taxable
Above mentioned data are completely based on compliance set by our government.
My question here is, will the Gratuity slab of Rs. 3,50,000/- is applicable even for the case of death or is there any clear instruction given somewhere (in Gratuity act) about Gratuity payable with different conditions for deceased employee about the slab amount?
i would appreciate if somebody can give me a clear indication
Regards,
Arun Kumar Vijayamoorthy
Cognizant

From India, Madras
Alphonse

Dear Mr.Arun
Rs.3,50,000.00 is the maximum gratuity payable. But the Gratuity amount will varry as per the following calculation.
Wages: Wages shall consist of basic plus DA, as per last drawn salary. However allowances like bonus,commission, HRA, overtime etc. are not to be considered for calculations.
Formula:
Basic + DA
----------- X 15 X no of years of service *
* If the employee has complected more than 6 months, it will be treated as full year for the purpose of gratuity calculation.
There is no change for deceased employee. but u have to calculate it according to the formula.
regards
alphonse

From India, Madras
Nishi Kamat

- Formula for calculating the amount of gratuity remains same. - Maximum limit is Rs. 3.5 Lakh - In case of death of a employee, only the condition of completion of 5 yrs. is not applicable. Thanks,
From India, Mumbai
n.divia
Hi Nishi, Is the formula not No. of year service in company + No. of service years left till his age of 58 in case of deceased???
From India, Ahmadabad
kvr2009

Hai friends,
Calculation of eligible Gratuity is same in all cases , be it retirement or death. But when subscribed to Insurance linked gratuity scheme of LIC, premia towards gratuity for completed years of service and for remaining period of service are collected by LIC and there is additional coverage for the gratuity payable for the remaining period of service of a deseased employee. In that case calculation of Gratuity will be as per formula mentioned by Arun. In other cases calculation is as per message of Alphonse.
But remember, maximum Gratuity in all case is limited to Rs.3.5 lakhs.Rule4(3)

From India, New Delhi
R.N.Khola

Dear Sanjeev, According to the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 the maximum limit for payment of gratuity amount is Rs.3.5 lac. R.N.Khola
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.