anjaan

Dear Friends
I am working in a Logistics company, and a dispute has arised regarding the wages to be taken into account in calculaiton of Over Time Wages.
My service provider has provided me a judgment of Bombay High court regarding the inclustion of HRA in calculation of Over Time wages.
And most importantly in Factories Act 1948 Sec -59 sub Sec 2 reads, Ordinary rates of wages means " the basic wages plus such allowances including the cash equivalent to the advantage accruing through the concessional sale to workers of food grains and other articles as the worker for the time being entitled to but does not include a bonus and wages for overtime.
Plus such allowances means only the DA / special allowance or all such allowances being given to the worker.
Please send me clarification to this as I am confused and till now my understanding for the calculation of OT only Basic & DA has to be taken into account,
It is urgent !
Sanjeev

From India, Pune
Madhu.T.K

The HC judgment is not available for reference. Therefore, I am unable to direct you on the basis of the judgment. Please go through the interpretation of the court regarding HRA and the manner in which the HRA was paid in the relevant case. However, if you follow the Factories Act, Overtime Wages shall be calculated on the Basic + DA/ special Allowance only.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.