No Tags Found!

tejasthakaria5700@gmail.com

Hi everyone,
after getting effective solution from seniors on my previous post now this time I have another query.
I am working as a personnel officer in one of the pharmaceutical company having strength of 90 employees. My ctc is 10000 And they deduct Rs.180 per month from my salary as a professional tax and I am sure that they do not even pay the tax, so my question is,Is it compulsory to deduct 180 rs for professional tax from my salary? as My salary is already less. please give me guidance on this.
Regards,
Tejas.

From India, Delhi
korgaonkar k a

Dear Tejas ji,
My advise to you not to introduce yourself by your profession when you ask any basic question in such kind of Forum.
Professional Tax is a tax of State Government on employment, profession or calling. When you are in employment, it is the duty or responsibility of your employer to deduct the tax from your salary and pay it in respective account in time. Employer is liable to deduct and pay the tax. It is not your look out whether your employer pays the tax in respective account or not. The Government has machinery to find out whether your employer makes this payment in respective account or not.
If any employer deducts any amount from the salary of his employee and fails to pay it in respective account, he can be booked under misappropriation of amount.
You being Personnel Officer, are responsible to make this payment.
I need not to mention that this tax is subject to State Act.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.