No Tags Found!

pranab.kumar

Dear Madhura,
After gone through the views and opinions of my seniors, it may be concluded that 15th August should be observed as holiday, convince your management if they do not agree then follow the following procedures:
1. Intimate the ROC/Factory inspector what ever may stating that the company will remain open on 15th August 09.
2. 17th August to be declared as holiday.
3. Employee is authorised to get the double salary for working on 15th Aug 09.
Regards,

From India, Mumbai
Nandita Varma

Dear All,
As per our company's holiday list, we do not have a holiday on 2nd October. I believe this is a national holiday. We are covered under factories act. Does the nature of the place have any effect on the laws? (eg. If the factory area is covered under the corporation or gram panchayat).

From India, Pune
vadlamani SR

Hi
Regarding your querry is this establishment covered under shops and establishment or under factories act.
Even if it is a factory working 24x7 you can retain essential staff by paying double the wages and declare paid holiday for general shift employees.
If it is covered under shops and establishment you have to declare paid holiday under shops and establishment act otherwise labour department officials book a case if works on that day.
Please observe carefully
Tks & Regards
Vadlamani SR

From India, Hyderabad
sunita1j@yahoo.com

Dear Madhura,
Generally any company or establishment should not to be remained open on this great day. However, understanding the requirement of certain sectors wherein we just cant afford to close the establishment on any day and which requires 24 hours service, generally the company pays twice the salary amount and one casual leave on any other day.
However, this also one can be done only by taking special permission by the labor authority of India.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
suvarnavp

Hello,
Ass per act, you cannot run your factory/shop in gazetted holidays as per list. 15th Aug. is our national holiday. It is a "declared" national holiday from central holiday.
If any factory/shop/office is open, labour department will file a case.
Thanks & regards,
Suvarna

From India, Pune
Drunkenmaster
Hi,
I agree with Geeta, however please let me know if your company is a BPO or KPO running 24/7 operations. If it is then the office can be kept open with minimal staff as they are catering to the need of foreign customers. Normally support functions do not work in a 2/7 operation however essential operations can go on.
Regards
DM
Being part of a BPO as well as part of Operations I have worked on 15th August and even on election days.

From India, Mumbai
dasp06

I do not see any reason to open office on 15th August, when we have to declare a holiday in lieu of it on another day. But yes, if the business exigency is there then we should work on such public holidays after having obtained the prior approval from the Authorities.
This is just a common sense. I would rather not like this discussion to be dragged further just for the heck of it.
Prashant

From India, Delhi
lakshmi.natarajan
Good day,
Actually whatever is written is all correct, it's holiday no doubt. But the thing is as Indians we are not celebrating in the office. Just like school days, Orgn. should celebrate, so that all the employees will come and participate. (Not a working day but everyone's presence is compulsory) One should feel Patriotic by himself. Unfortunately, we Indians discussing about leave or holiday. In India, every MNC, should consider and celebrate.
I think it will take much time to implement in India by Indians.
Regards,
Lakshmi

From India, Bangalore
Prithvi Pal Singh

Hi,
The rules at different states may be different but I will suggest 1 holiday salary, 1 overtime salary( equivalent to 2 normal salaries).
Thus 3 salaries are to be paid for working on a National Holiday instead 2 for other holidays.
Other option for non National holiday is 1 salary and a compensatory leave within next 3 working days.
Sincerely,
Prithvi Pal

From India, Mumbai
S.R.Muralidhar
Dear Madhura
As per national & festival holidays Act August 15th every year is observed as National
holiday & also under Shop & Estd Act every organisation needs to declare the holiday
kindly note any organisation voilates the act they can be punished under Act accordingly
apart from the satatutory obligation as indians we need to respect the motherland.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.