Gajinder

We have an employee who joined our company on 4th July 2022 and at the time of joining he requested us not to deduct his EPF which we accepted and did not deduct his EPF. His gross salary is Rs. 34800 and basic salary is Rs.13920. Since this employee's basic salary is less than Rs.15000, his EPF deduction was mandatory from his joining month which we just got to know during our internal office audit.

Now i request to guide me how can we correct this mistake to avoid any action of EPF department in this regard ?

Thank You
Gajinder Singh

From India, Patiala
Gajinder

Dear Seniors,

Kindly Help me by replying following query:

We have a employee who joined our company on 4th July 2022 and at the time of joining he requested us not to deduct his EPF which we accepted and did not deduct his epf. His gross salary is Rs. 34800 and basic salary is Rs.13920. Since, this employee basic salary is less then Rs.15000, his EPF deduction was mandatory from his joining month which we just got to know during our internal office audit.

Now i request to guide me how can we correct this mistake to avoid any action of EPF department in this regard ?

Thank You
Gajinder Singh

From India, Patiala
nanu1953

Immediately calculate the pending dues under PF & Misc. Act and deposit the same to the authority. Then continue to deposit the dues every month on time. Wait for penal interest etc. in future.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah )
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531

USD HR Solutions – To Strive towards excellence with effort and integrity

From India, New Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, You need to pay arrear right from DOJ of the employee. Just work out the calculation for the period you had missed to pay and remit the same.
From India, Madras
Gajinder

Dear Concern,

Thanks for your reply and help. Kindly guide what is the formula to calculate the arrears and whether it can be paid in one go or we need to pay arrears separately (month wise)?

Thanks
Gajinder Singh

From India, Patiala
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.