No Tags Found!

Dear Seniors,

i worked as a HR -Executive in ------- Company.Recently i got another offer Better then this. so i wanna resign my Present job and my resignation letter sent to immediate superior and cc to MD and all remaining managers.At the time of joining they said u have to give one Month Notice period if u wanna leave this job.but after seeing my Resignation one of My superior Scolded me too much.he used unparliamentary language so i decided to quit from office with out notice period (All this issues are not Known by management) Now i got a Mail from management

Mr.xxxxx

Please refer your mail dated , addressed to Mr. , Dy.Manager, HR, enclosing your resignation to the post in this organization.

Being in the HR Department, you are well aware that such mails to be addressed to the Management and not to the Dy.Manager, HR Dept, since he is not the head of the department, and is not the decision maker. Moreover, being the HR executive, you are further aware that as per the policy/service regulations of the organization, as per the provision No.4.1, such resignation to be notified to the management in 3 months advance notice, in writing by mentioning the probable date of relieving etc., so as to enable the management to recruit for your successor and get training/acquainting the work of the organization etc. In your case neither you have given the 3 months notice to the organisation, nor informed the management, excepting marking a copy to the management,, You are also failed to handover the files and the office belongings, particularly, at this crucial time of finalizing the salaries etc.

Your action of simply sending the resignation to the Deputy Manager, HR Dept. is not appropriate, and also suo-moto your absent to the duty without proper authorization. In the absence of the resignation in writing to the management, your resignation to the post is not accepted by us, and you are directed to come and report to the duty immediately, failing which, legal action will be initiated against you, in addition to the paper advertisement etc.

You are hereby directed to report immediately to the office, and attend your duties.

Already i handover all the files and Documents which are under control of me.my doubt is

1) Is they have a right to proceed legal action & Paper Advertisement

2) what should i do in this situation

3) In which Way i have to reply for this mail

One more thing is there is no Bond

Looking for your valuable Suggestions.

Thanks in Advance

From India, Narsapur
Hussain Zulfikar

Ask yourself !! Was your actions justified against personal stand off with Dy manager !
1) Is they have a right to proceed legal action & Paper Advertisement
Ans : Yes
2) what should i do in this situation
Ans : What is Ethically right !
3) In which Way i have to reply for this mail
Ans : Make up your mind, how you will resolve this issue. Then draft your response.
I m surprised as HR executive you have not fulfilled your duty. Its a sad presentation on your part. I hope at least you have realized your professional responsibility.

From Kuwait, Salmiya

thanks for u r reply hussain Sir
at the time of joining they said only one month notice period is there.but now they are asking three months notice period(but with in one month i have to join in my new job).and one more thing in my offer letter they mentioned reporting officer name as dy.manager-HR Thats while i sent my resignation to him and Mark a Copy to MD and remaining all. i am ready to give One month Notice Period but i said earlier that One of manager Scolded in front of all the Employees and
using unparliamentary language also.and instructed me to handover all the files.by his instructions i handover ed all the files to my reporting officer.i Feel Embracing to go to office.in my perception i am Correct.Because i already complained to management about his behavior but they dont take any action against him
there is no Bond and i am not committed any agreement then how they proceed legal

From India, Narsapur
Hussain Zulfikar

Hi Ajay.. please call me hussain.

On basis of your information.

What is written in your offer letter regarding notice period ? 1 month or 3 months ? What is said is irrelevant, what is on paper you need to comply.

When you sent a resignation mail to your reporting manager, did you get written / mailed acknoweldgement of accepting your resignation and relieving from duty on so and so date ?

Forget the incident of “unparliamentary language” for now ! focus on paperwork done, so that you can present your case and free yourself from this mess.

Do you have any witness of handover ? Any Proof of relieved from duties etc.

If you think you are correct, then don’t fear or be embarrassed about anything. Scuffles and arguments happen in office, Don’t take it to your head and heart. Management is not gonna take any action on someone who is giving them service for someone who has left the company.

If there is no bond as such, then no legal action will be taken, however you may not get your final settlement, relieving letter or experience letter, or recommendation or worse case, you may get a bad reference check or negative feedback. So its better to separate on good terms.

From Kuwait, Salmiya
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.