smhussain
dear sir
i am employed in banking service outside my home district
parliamentary elections in my home district is on different day from that of the district where i am employed, therefore my bank is opened on the day of elections in my home district
i would like to take a leave and go for voting on the day of elections in my home district
am i entitled to take a special leave for elections under NI Act or any banking act?
please help

From India, Pune
malikjs

dear sorry,you are not entitle to get ant special leave for that.basically you should be member of that consitency where you are staying. tks j s malik
From India, Delhi
suja_nm

As far as I understand, an employee should be allowed to vote in his home constituency and can trade the leave on poll day for his constituency. Few companies do grant the poll days as holiday, stating that any travel to home district shall be considered as leave.
In your case, you are unable to work on poll day as your district is closed. Hence, you will need to avail your casual leave for voting in your home district.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.