raghuvaran chakkaravarthyDear Ajay Gupta,
Attached the ppt file of training calendar for your use. Modify it as per your requirement..
Yearly safety activities plan has to be done by yourself. Do let us know what kind of industries you are working in? we will suggest some plans.
Hope its helps. . .
Keep on sharing. . .
From United States, Fpo
First of all warm welcome to CiteHR EHS forum... Kindly let us know the following for guiding you in proper manner:
1. What is your budget for Safety? Safety is really a costly business, you need money to do something to get better results.
2. To whom you want to deliver training?
3. Do you have infrastructure available for imparting training? A class room training you are planning or on the job training?
4. How committed and Supporting your management towards safety?
Awaiting to hear from you!!!
Dear Raghu: Good input and timely help to our member... Keep on sharing....
kumar_ajayDear Dipil Sir,
First i would thanks to all seniors and cite-Hr team to their support and responses.Hoping to continue in same manner.
1.We do not have any concern regarding budget for training. Traning Budget head is avaible with HR-training department.So, we only suggest them as per our training plan.
2. We have to conduct training for our regular employees(i.e Only serior level executives & junior executives) & some trainings for educating contractor supervisors/workmen.
3. We have Employee development centre,with all neccessary infracture available.
4. Ours is Pubic sector undertaking,so we get maximum support from management.
Please share accordingly,so i improve the safety culture in our organization.Hoping for your early response.
Thanks & Regards,
From India, Hyderabad
First of all sorry for being late in reply due to my busy schedule...
From your reply It is understood that there is no issues with the infrastructure and support from the management... If so you can make training in very effective manner... I will advice the following to do your employees training:
1. Training Need Identification of all your employees to be done as a first step...
2. Training modules (Topics/Subjects) to be decided based upon your plant requirements like Electrical Safety, Work At Height, Scaffolding, Confined Space, Crane Safety, Excavation, Etc.
2. If you have 100 Employees, firstly decide to whom all you have to give training and on what all module...
3. Develop some internal trainers... May be your line managers can be selected as a trainers... Impart them training (Train The Trainer) from experts to make them good internal trainer... If at all you are having a good safety department or people in safety department go for impart training from the line managers to make it more effective... more people will involve in safety journey... The more people involving to improve the safety culture the more result will get...
4. Make a training calendar after all these exercise... Depending upon the numbers of batches required and time period to complete, decide how many sessions to be conducted in a month...
5. You may involve your HR Department in doing all the above job... Be as a facilitator to monitor...
If you succeed in doing the above it will be a great achievement...
Any further inputs required do let me know... Also awaiting comments of other forum member about what I comment above...
raghuvaran chakkaravarthyDear Ajay,
Mr.Dipil given a wonderful information just i would like add few points ...
we can select some workers and security personnels from each area like tg,boiler,esp,etc., and provide training regarding the operation of fire hydrants,extinguishers and incluce them in the fire fighting team.
As per statutory norms v must conduct mock drill atleast once in six month (I am not sure i got this from my friend who working thermal plant)
Safety committee- it will help for better culture.
Training for executives and workers by THIRD PARTY / OUTSIDE AGENCIES.
Conduct training by ourselfs to the workers related to their works, lk., separate training for bunker erection,bunker top flooring, jump form, slip form works in chimney, cooling tower and silos.
Conduct internal meeting with all department rep atleast once in fortnight and discuss abt the issues and record mom.
Good write up. . .
Keep on touch. . .
From United States, Fpo
VasanthhbalaDear sir, Is it necessary (Under TNFR 1950) to maintain Safety training calendar ? in what Rule it is mentioned ?
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.