No Tags Found!

Navin @ Dave
hi,
currently our attendance was 1st to 30th of the month for salary calculation. we need 3 to 4 days for calculate salary. But now we want to change our cut off date. If we have forward salary calculation to our finance department till 27th of current month then they will release salary on 3rd of the next month. Pl. guide us, how can we do....?

From India, Ahmedabad
divya_duvey

Dear Navin,
You can take 26 days of month for salary calculation.Universally Sundays are considered holidays. So in a month, all other days are working days. Now most months will have only 4 Sundays.That will be 30-4 which is equal to 26. On pro-employee / humanitarian grounds, facts such as there are more of 30-day months than 31-day months as well as the 28/29 month of February, are ignored.so you can easily foreword the details between 22 or 23 of moth for fast result.
I'm guessing that in a year one gets 26 working days as leave based on the same logic.
Hope that helps.
Regards,

From India, Pune
korgaonkar k a

Dear Navin @Dave,
Deciding cut off date for the purpose of salary calculation is your prerogative / your choice and no body else like me or any other member of this forum or any body from rest of world can tell you on it.
While deciding cut off date, you have two options according to me.
One - Have fix date as cut off for all the months and count the days from this date accordingly for payment.
Second one - Have cut off date as per your convenience every month and presume that the employee is present in all the days after the cut off date. Any absence after the cut off date, deduct it in next month. Person is absenting continuously since long before the cut off date, consider him as absent after cut off date. You need to monitor it properly.
Hope I have explained it properly and you have understood it.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.