No Tags Found!

manojkcgm
Dear All, Me and my colleagues facing the the same problem in our company. I'm working in a construction co. in Saudi Arabia as an Accountant. Here one of our colleagues trying to be the boss's favorite. He is informing to boss with exaggeration of all the things happening between the employees. Our boss is not seen patience to hear our side. He's taking action against the employees only the base of the said employees words. Some of employees afraid with him.
But I think someone can act as boss's favorite for some days, but don't think it'll last forever. So, you should work for organisation, at the same time you should be a trusted team player also.
Regards,
Manoj

From India, Kozhikode
ngurjar

@Sunita and others...
When the boss changes, you try to be the favorite of the new boss! Its a posture one is taking, not something incidental...
The second assumption most are making is that the favorite is no good! Assuming the two are disjoint, well, the favorite does his work, but may not be the best of the best in most things... Doesn't mean he is not contributing at all... How can one conclude such a thing (most posts tend to go in that direction)...

From United States, Daphne
amitkudubey
Now i felt that being boss's favorite will definitely put you above all in the team, but as far as ones future prospect is concerned, being a trusted team player, you will grow in the other origination. It is the organization who has to decide, where such bosses are taking the origination. Ultimately after some point of time all the trusted team player would leave the origination and the boss's favorite will remain there. The lack of security with the boss is the reason for such favoritism. At last if the captain of a ship is not secure how much safe are the person onboard?
From India, New Delhi
sunita1j@yahoo.com

Hi Nikhil G,

The very question: "Which is better: Being a boss's favorite or a 'trusted' team player?" says that you are trying to compare a sycophant with a 'Trusted' team player, henceforth I feel that the way this question has been portrayed is not in the right direction (if that is not what u meant).

With your latest response wherein you have said:

a. "When the boss changes, you try to be the favorite of the new boss! Its a posture one is taking, not something incidental..."

Ans: My answer to this would be, how much time you are putting in to be your boss's favorite? Every time, there is a change of boss, you start all over again to impress him....you can simply get away with this, just by 'performing Good'. In that case you wud'nt even have to approach your boss, rather he/she will come to you asking who is Mr. 'X', heard a lot about him......I am talking about 'Distinguishing' yourself be mean of Excellent performance and respect earned by your team members....That way you won't confine yourself to be only your boss's favorite but also a favorite to everyone in the company including the CEO....

What i mean to say is: You need not to flatter or butter your boss, your 'action' itself will speak.....Trust me the respect you earn that way goes a long way.....and that also ensures that your credibility will not depend on the mercy of one or the other boss, but it will depend on something which is inborn in you...your attitude, your talent, your capability....and at the top of that the 'respect' and 'trust' which you will earn from your fellow members.....This is a lot about your personality Nikhil and nothing else....I strongly feel that 'Favoritism' is sought by those who don't 'Trust' themselves.......

Lemme know if this satisfies your query....or if like most of others I too have misinterpreted anything...

Sunita

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
sunita1j@yahoo.com

Dear Mr Abdul Khadir,
Sir, I read all of your responses related to this query and really appreciate the way you have responded. It's quite impressive....thanks for your wonderful contribution and suggestions....
Many regards,
Sunita

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
sunmeh
Idealistically, a trusted team player should be the boss's favorite- this is the best situation. But it seems pure idealism doesn't work anymore in this cut throat corporate culture. I have seen most incompetent team member being declared by the boss as the best officer , simply because he is his "yes man", making competent ones dejected & frustrated. This kind of boss's attitude has become more rampant in PSUs. They don't even bother about the morale of the organisation.
And of course, it depends upon the culture of the organisation, but then organisational culture always follows the path downhill.
As for me, I believe a trusted team player is always better, whether he/she is boss's favorite or not.
Regards.
Sunita

From India, Ranchi
sunmeh
Don’t worry Sunita M. U’ll never be confused with me because ur id will always be reflecting different from mine.
From India, Ranchi
skhadir

Dear Ms. Sunita
You are most welcome. I am really enjoying my analysis about MATURITY LEVELS in HUMAN BEINGS where, this forum had supported/provided me lots of information.
Well, i don't want to comment anything about individual MATURITY LEVELS but, i found many living VIRTUAL LIFE because "IMPOSSIBLE IS ALWAYS THE UNTRIED"
Truth will triumph and None but the brave deserve the crown........
Good Luck.....

From India, Chennai
prakash0009@gmail.com

i agree to Manthan as well said "Boss is always right"
when one is performing duties well ,has to fight with boss as well for something or the other . you have to leave the your ethics behind and you can't be boss' favourite.
my question is that when you have to argue with your boss about your own rights. as per policy you are eligible for that but your boss says you are not. then what to do ?

From India, Vadodara
sayranya
A trusted teamplayer is better coz by being so we’ll be able to produce efficency nd there by the boss will get laurels on behalf of his team nd there by we can become his fav
From India, Pondicherry
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.