View Poll Results: Do you Believe in Astrology
Yes 9 40.91%
No 7 31.82%
Partly 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

nithya_hr

Do you believe in astrology ?? 1. Yes 2. No.
From India, Madras
nithya_hr

Dear Friends ,

Numerous traditions and applications employing astrological concepts have arisen since its earliest recorded beginnings in the 3rd millennium BC. Astrology has played an important role in the shaping of culture, early astronomy, the Vedas,[5] the Bible,[6] and various disciplines throughout history. In fact, astrology and astronomy were often indistinguishable before the modern era, with the desire for predictive and divinatory knowledge one of the primary motivating factors for astronomical observation. Astronomy began to diverge from astrology after a period of gradual separation from the Renaissance up until the 18th century. Eventually, astronomy distinguished itself as the scientific study of astronomical objects and phenomena without regard to the astrological understandings of these phenomena.

Astrologers believe that the movements and positions of celestial bodies either directly influence life on Earth or correspond to events experienced on a human scale.[7] Modern astrologers define astrology as a symbolic language,[8][9][10] an art form, or a form of divination.[11][12] Despite differences in definitions, a common assumption of astrology is that celestial placements can aid in the interpretation of past and present events and in the prediction of the future.

Do you believe in astrology ???

From India, Madras
prasadmanokaran
Astrology is fake. Since we are talking "scientifically," we'll do a simple experiment.
1. Visit 10 different astrologers and ask for their predictions.
2. Compare their predictions.
You will find that every one of them will give you different answers. How do you tell which one of them is telling the truth, the answer, no one. Basically it's randomness, some people believe this random predictions are real and some will say they are just scamming the poor people out of so much money.

From India, Madras
nithya_hr

Did you Hear about nostradamous ? He has predicted about future !

We have an person on Andhra , Named Brahmamgaru he is known as Indian Nostradamous.

Have you heard about them ? i will share their predictions if you all are intrested !!

From India, Madras
Kuljit Pal Singh

What we think and do, decides our future and not the Planets & Stars... This is what i beleive..
From India, Vadodara
prasadmanokaran
I honestly believe that anyone can make a number of predictions and they are bound to have some of them come true. Develop them into an ambiguous format and let others interpret them and you can come up with many possible "close" predictions.
the only predictions I've seen that people say came true, are always from 10 different predictions put together with words and meanings twisted to fit the fact...

From India, Madras
maliniluky

First of all am not interested in astrology...........I dont want to know abt my future let it be good or bad. No one can stop whatz going to happen so watz the use.......Once we get to know few incidents then we will lose ur peace........we will forget abt today and think of future without even knowing whether we will be alive or not.
What ever deeds we do tats going to reflect in our future so be good and do good is wat i beleive. Not one can change our fate so lets leave it to god

From India, Madras
Shikha_Singh

Well I believe in it partly!
I actually find it interesting and fascinating to read about astrology and success stories like that of nostradamus. I believe those who do not do it for money. For example some sadhus just say something to you while passing by and do not expect any monetary reward.
But, the bigger truth is that lots and lots of people fall prey to fraudsters who make money from innocent people in the name of predicting and rectifying their future.
Also, as Malini said, who wants to lose sleep over what the future holds :)

From India, Mumbai
hima1

Hi Nithya,

Quite an interesting topic..

There is a saying.. " Don't believe in your stars, Believe in yourself."

How true !!! If we find and ask ourselves where we go wrong, we will definitely progress forward!!

I believe this " Know thyself, everything else will fall in place."

I do not let it rule every step of my life or believe in it in a way which hampers my thought process or functioning!!!!!

Personally, I don't believe much in Astrology, Numerology or other predictions.. While some totally believe the prediction of individual birth stars for their future, I know few who have the regular habit of buying magazines which predicts their future... The same message is given to thousands of people under the same star or sign. How can the predictions be the same to so many? It sounds ridiculous to me!!

Rather than these predictions, if one asks the advice of experienced persons or elders they would be guided better from the troubles or problems and find a way out of it.

Astrologers or predictors.. My humble feeling is that...With due respects to True Astrologers... Nowadays, MANY.. Not sure if they save others with their predictions, they do save themselves on other people's belief on such things.

Isn't it much better to concentrate on our mind, our efforts and our goals and strive to get it??

I personally though feel to attain peace and solace, one needs to dig inside , rather than look outside!!!

From India, Madras
maliniluky

Different people have different ways to give out readings to people and people have different ways on understanding them. What matters here actually is on how we interpret those readings and how we use them in our lives. They are not answers to our problems but they could be guide.
Nits, The very way you phrase your question suggests you believe astrology is a belief system. It is not. Astrology is an ancient sacred science that has been in use for millenia by various cultures to answer questions not answerable by ordinary means.
Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it.
Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.
Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books.
Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.
Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.
Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.