archnahr

I read this quotation and seriously felt that how write this person is.
Some of us may believe in his philosophies and some of us may find him not worthy, but the fact remains the same:
"You hate him, you Love him but you cannot IGNORE HIM."
I'm talking about none other than MOHANDAS KARAMCHAND GANDHI.
This is what I read, which is written by him:
" WHAT IS A MAN IF HE IS NOT A THIEF WHO OPENLY CHARGES AS MUCH AS HE CAN FOR THE GOODS HE SELLS"
Don't you think that how right he was?
CHeers
Archna

From India, Delhi
yajeethehr

Simplicity and truth -- these were the two weapons that Gandhiji had against the mightiest of the mightiest empires of the world at that time.
And it is out these two that he was able to enlighten the rest of us poor souls with his amazing clarity and definition of things in simple terms. It is indeed a great thing that the words he spoke half-a-century ago still hold good in today's world.
Regards,
Samba.

From India, Hyderabad
Jeroo Chandiok

I'd like to add another story :
Mohandas [Mahatma] Karamchand Gandhi (1869-1948), the great Indian statesman and spiritual leader is noted for his unusual humanity and selflessness, which this story epitomises.
Gandhi was boarding a train one day with a number of companions and followers, when his shoe fell from his foot and disappeared in the gap between the train and platform. Unable to retrieve it, he took off his other shoe and threw it down by the first.
Responding to the puzzlement of his fellow travellers, Gandhi explained that a poor person who finds a single shoe is no better off - what's really helpful is finding a pair.
Jeroo

From India, Mumbai
archnahr

Thank Samba and Jeroo,
I'm glad hat in this busy and westernised world atleast there are few people who want to read about Mahatma Gandhi and his principles.
I'm sure if we can pass this information on to the new generation they will make good use of it.
Hope to read more views on this.
Cheers
Archna

From India, Delhi
gyan_seek

Hi Friends,

The beauty of Mahatma Gandhi is his simplicity in communication. He was a lawyer by profession, but his words ignited the minds of crores of indians to reach lofty goal ---Swaraj.

Mahatma Gandhi said that seven things will destroy us. Notice that all of them have to do with social and political conditions. Note also that the antidote of each of these "deadly sins" is an explicit external standard or something that is based on natural principles and laws, not on social values.

Wealth Without Work

Pleasure Without Conscience

Knowledge Without Character

Commerce (Business) Without Morality (Ethics)

Science Without Humanity

Religion Without Sacrifice

Politics Without Principle

on 12th Nov Cite Hr Bangalore had a meeting and incidentally, discussed the significance of values. Sad to say some CEO's are ignoring values and giving high priority to Goals.

A study revealed - Those companies with strong values have remained in the list of Fortune 500 companies in the world consistently for the past 30 years.

Values are eternal...

AM

From India
ashra

Hey be content that you not only passed these great examples to your next generation but it is also spread to other communities thru sites like these. In a world that is all geared up for the rat race, stories like these holds us back and makes us think twice.
Thanks!!

From Sri Lanka
Sanjeev.Himachali

We all are salesman...selling our talent, knowledge and expertise. No one is doing any charity here. Those who say that they are doing charity...they are lying. By doing charity...they are buying someting...they are buying goodwill...they are buying good wishes...they are buying prayers of the people.
Regards
Sanjeev Sharma
(Blog: http://sanjeevhimachali.blogspot.com/)

From India, Mumbai
archnahr

Hi Sanjeev,
I agree with you partially, we do sell our talents, skills and knowledge.
But if we do charity we do charity, I do it from my heart not to buy good wishes but to GET good wishes.
I'm associated with an Orphanage house, I take gifts and other items for my Little friends almost every Sunday, but do you think I want to buy their good wishes, NO. I want to give them all the Love, which they could not get due to fault of their parents, and society.
I want to encourage them to Live happily, to live with confidence even if they do not know who their parents are.
And you dont do these things for charity or to BUY GOODWISHES.
Regards,
Archna

From India, Delhi
Sanjeev.Himachali

I agree with you. Such things...at the end of a day...gives you a positive feeling...that you have "wishes and prayers" of some innocent people with you and those prayers and wishes are genuine.
Regards
Sanjeev Sharma
(Blog: http://sanjeevhimachali.blogspot.com/)

From India, Mumbai
srikanth.chintakuntla
Hi everybody,
Thanks for reminding us of values. Indeed he is a role model for every one of us.
I would like to add my comment on the quote that Archana started with.
" WHAT IS A MAN IF HE IS NOT A THIEF WHO OPENLY CHARGES AS MUCH AS HE CAN FOR THE GOODS HE SELLS"
I feel this is not possible any more. Please look at this from the economic/market perspective.. the times have changed and the sheer amount of choice available to the consumer today and the competition that is prevailing, making the most of the opportunities available will not allow people charge according to their wish according to the pulse of the market. Opportunity cost of losing a customer is very high in today’s market scenario. Remember “Customer is the King”. And the king decides what price he wants to pay.
Regards
Srikanth Ch

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.