No Tags Found!

diksha-rani
Hi, I am in trouble I wanted to leave a job immediately but the manager is asking me to be in the job even if I don't want to work.
Saying that search for a replacement is going on. But I want to leave the job immediately. Please advise what should be done in this situation. I am really very tensed.

From India, New Delhi
umakanthan53

Dear Deeksha,

Though employment is at will only, resignation requires the employee to comply with the conditions of unilateral exit as per the contract of employment or service regulations applicable. The objective behind such a restrictive clause of exit is to provide an opportunity to the employer to find a suitable substitute or get some urgent or time bound work completed. At times the exiting employee may require immediate or early relieving due to some urgent family or personal reasons. But mere frustration of the existing job or immediate availability of a better alternative job cannot be a valid reason if the employee's continuation during the entire notice period is a genuine organizational requirement. A prudent employee will certainly plan his/her leaving accordingly so as to make his/her exit from the current job formal and peaceful.

From India, Salem
KK!HR

Is there a notice period mentioned in your offer of appointment or appointment or as per HR Policy of your firm?. Since you have accepted the same you are bound by it and you have to serve the period mentioned, generally one month/3 months etc.
If there is no such mention then it is as mutually agreed between you and your boss. When the boss is seeking a few more days, it is better that you settle it with him. In case you abandon the service without being properly relieved, later it could create lot of problems. You can see the anguish of many persons in this cite who had jumped the notice period.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.