No Tags Found!

chew
Hi All Should performance appraisal be multi-sourced? Cheers Rachel
From Singapore, Singapore
xenhash
i think performance appraisals should always be multisourced to avoid one man opinion.... employee should learn to work with evreyone and not just one person that is the supervisor, who'll eventually appraise him.
From Pakistan, Islamabad
chew
Hi Shradha
What im trying to express is, should employees' performance appraisal be multi-sourced? Or should P.A be appraise by immediate supervisor?
Hope you get what i'm trying to say. Thanx.
Cheers
Rachel

From Singapore, Singapore
Anonymous
Dear Rachel:
I am sorry for I could not get your point in the first go.
Well, it is always advisable to have the appraisals multisourced but again it depends on PA history in your organisation. If it had been a traditional one then it will be difficult for the appraisees to take/accept the new multi-sourced system. One needs to be very careful at implementing it. Every appraisee should be educated about it and made sure that he/she is convinced.
Another advice would be increase the sources gradually rather than at one go. For eg; you may include peers to start with and then gradually the subordinates and then customers etc.,
The appraisee should be in a proactive mood to take the feedback from various sources. It should be taken in the right spirit else it may harm the whole mind set of the appraisee.
Hope this is of some help to you.
Shradha

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.