No Tags Found!

Lovebird143

Truth about employee feedback is that in all companies, as formality employee always give positive feedback, and fear to give negative feedback , as it would involve the wrath of HR.
From India, Pune
India_rebel

Thanks for putting your side of story... I have worked for majorly big companies, And I get calls for jobs from CMM-5 levels onwards. I did not touch the issues with one man centered companies, or companies in two rooms..

Situation on ground, really gives us scares!!!!.. Read the second part of the stroy which is on Hiring...... Belive me, I have been thru major organizations and have done a great deal of study into HR Malpractices in India. It is irony, Employee has nowhere to go if companies do wrongs to him....

Most of the people like Seema, Ryan and others must be working for companies, I worked with or I know them this way or other. I restrained myself from putting the company names in public.

What about it, Let a junior level guy in your company do the audit of HR work!!!... Or choose the group of the people in your organization to do audit of your people. I know you would never do that.. If a true audit is done of HR work and their mis-doings, HR will not remain there.

I agree honest people also exist in HR field, but those fellows are in minority. Minority never decides the future...

As some said, In honest society, corrupt finds difficult to live.. In corrupt society, honest finds difficult to live...
==================

From India, Ghaziabad
Rupali_Sharma

Dear Sir, It seems your mind is really made up so its worthless to try to convince you. However, I as a future HR person would still like to believe that things are not the way you put it.....
I hope you get to meet some good people at work....Good luck.
Regards

From India, Bangalore
harsheetamongia
Hi I think you are gooin in wrong direction. Just come out and think positve then you will realize that every postion is having their own responsibilities, ploicies and obligation etc..
From India, Ghaziabad
India_rebel

Rupali and others,
What we undergo daily, is beyond understanding..
It really pains me to see the state of the affairs. I do my job honestly and hope to get fair treatment and resolutions from the responsible people. As someone wrote about frustration here, look at the company you are in...
I can tell you names of the companies, I say "NO" to their HR guy. I know environment is not worth trying it. These all are big companies.
According to HR folks, looks like everything is ok there.
Come out of the books and mess, there is lot to be done on the ground. Face it. Denying a problem, doesnt solve it. One has to take steps. First step to solution is to accept that problem exists.

From India, Ghaziabad
vani juloori
Hi
I agree with vidya, with limited perception we cannot draw conclusions on the whole HR fraternity. The company can meet its targets only when the right person is put on the right job which the HR does. This is a major contribution by the HR to the orgn.
Regards
vani

From India, Hyderabad
gaggan_sahni

Every person has his own way of experiencing things so u cant say HR is good or bad....HR in itself is a diplomatic job because they have to manage the expectation of the Management as well as People hence its not at all an easy thing to do as u get bashing from both end....but these days HR is getting transformed hence few examples would be there of HR not good........if one person or two person are bad it does not mean the entire people community is bad.....of course in case you talk of ratio i would accept that it is higher...as everybody things of thyself rather than others.....which is wrong as hr person has to be neutral.....
From United Kingdom
Trinity-Morpheus

I would suggest...we should think from all direction while addressing any issue. I agree that there are issues one faces in HR. Getting something done for the employees requires 'n' number of approvals involving 'x' amount of data to back it up.
From United Kingdom, London
India_rebel

Trinity, None requires approvals from anyone to be honest. Twisting the facts and not being upfront honest with the candidate, amounts to breach. None needs approval for doing it or either.
gaggan, It really does not require a big survey to feel the market. Neutral person always supports injustice. But i have rarely seen neutral HR guy. An average HR guy has his personal agenda to follow. :-)
Vani, I doubt the statment that HR puts right guy on the right job. HR does not have technical, logistical, psychological abilities to find the right guy. If they are putting right guy on the right job, there should not be any dissatisfaction. No company ever claimed thats its HR did the job perfectly well.
I hope none of you would like to know the names of the companie's which's HR have started asking money for job from candidates????
If you like to know, I m happy to disclose the names.

From India, Ghaziabad
Ryan

Hi India Rebel

Sorry, could not get back into this enchanting discussion since I was busy with regular work.

You said
"What about it, Let a junior level guy in your company do the audit of HR work!!!... Or choose the group of the people in your organization to do audit of your people. I know you would never do that.. If a true audit is done of HR work and their mis-doings, HR will not remain there."

Some questions on this:
1) What according to you is HR work?
2) Secondly - how would a junior level guy do any kind of audit with consistency? Even a finance audit is conducted by those studying for ICWA/ICA (not those completed) and the questions they generally ask only betray their lack of knowledge.

I did read your article on hiring malpractises and I agree that some of them do exist - BUT they are NOT as WIDESPREAD as you claim. Please understand that HR people are also human and prone to temptations, like everyone else. As long as money and/or power are treated as the only priority in peoples' lives, there will always be a malpractise of sorts. Despite your experiences, there do happen to be many HR folks who work with integrity.

If you are getting calls from CMM-5 companies, why dont you join them? I know that all the processes (including HR) there would be more stringent than where you currently are.

I am rather curious about the reason you have not disclosed your name. If you wish to be the revealer of TRUTH, perhaps you should also tell us your name. Of course, you may be afraid of being blacklisted by organizations where "whistle blowers" are rejected, but then surely some "honest" organization would hire you.

Since you have so many complaints against HR, who would you nominate to do the work we do? Have you tried to walk in our shoes? If you have, then this discussion would probably not be taking place. :)

You also said "I doubt the statment that HR puts right guy on the right job. HR does not have technical, logistical, psychological abilities to find the right guy."

The first part of that statement is theory, the second is practical - upto a point. For eg. an HR person cannot do a technical evaluation unless they have a formal technical background in that field".

The truth is that HR tries to put the right person in the right job - many times, the factor of time and CTC constraint (given by the organization) makes the HR and the organization compromise. This is reality! Would you like to be told that "we don't find you entirely suitable for the role, but we will try to groom you and hope for the best"? Obviously dissatisfaction will arise from this process. I don't know if you are aware, but even biological twins are dissimilar in behaviours. Each and every human being is different, hence the fitment of person to job is always discussed in the term of "best possible fit". It is very rare that you find a perfect "fits like a glove" candidate for the vacancy. I have seen this only twice or thrice in my career, and hired them.

All the best.

Regards

Ryan

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.