No Tags Found!

c.m. prakash
Dear All
During recent interview, one of very senior HR. personnel asked a question about LIVIDO
can any one clear this ?
Positive reply in this connection is solicited at an early date
With best regards
C.M. Prakash
Jindal Gujarat

From India, Karamsad
paromita26

LiViDO is a Free, cross platform framework for video effect plugins. LiViDO has a reference implementation which is released under the LGPL. Source : Wikipedia
From India, Bangalore
just.nids

hi as mentioned it is a multi-media software..... please correct me if i am wrong...? Cheers Nidhi(Hr Executive)
From India, New Delhi
c.m. prakash
He asked the same during HR. interview, so this might be connected with HR. functions/point of view awaiting further replies
From India, Karamsad
vishwa-deepak

Dear Prakash,
Is it possible that you did not hear the word correctly? An HR person could have asked you about LIBIDO, the dictionary meaning of the same is as mentioned below:
li·bi·do (l-bd, -b-)
n. pl. li·bi·dos
1. The psychic and emotional energy associated with instinctual biological drives.
a. Sexual desire.
b. Manifestation of the sexual drive.
Best regards,
Deepak

From India, Mumbai
PRASHANTH MUTHYALA
hey deepak, that would be a question if you are being selected for HR in a pharma company :lol:
From India
c.m. prakash
As Mr. Deepak you may be correct, the interviewer is basically from Orissa and I am being a Keralite may be heared worngly.
Can you please help me further in this subject matter in HR point of view, that might helpd me in future
regards
c.m. prakash

From India, Karamsad
vishwa-deepak

Dear Prakash,

Libido if seen in conjugation with Freud has definite manifestations in the behavior pattern of Individuals. This is why it is critical to HR.

Freud conceived of the mind as having only a fixed amount of psychic energy, or libido. Though the word libido has since acquired overt sexual implications, in Freud's theory it stood for all psychic energy. This energy fueled the thought processes, perception, imagination, memory, and sexual urges. In Freud's theory, the mind, like the universe, could neither create nor destroy energy, but merely transfer it from one form or function to another. Because scope of the mind's capabilities was thus limited by the amount of psychic energy freely available, any process or function of the mind which consumed excess energy debilitated the ability of the mind to function normally. Repression, he held, demanded significant amounts of energy to maintain; even then, a repressed thought might come perilously close to becoming conscious, only to be redirected or defended against by a defense mechanism. As well, a fixation on a past psychosexual stage of development could permanently sap this libidinal energy, causing, in the extreme cases, neuroses or worse.

The dynamic interaction between the id, ego and superego, with each contending for as much libidinal energy as possible, illustrates the importance of the functions of the mind. A man who invests most of his libidinal energy into the cravings of his id will act and live much differently than the man whose guilt-inspiring superego consumes most of his libidinal energy. This constantly changing balance and interaction between the various functions of the mind, in Freud's theory, determines personality.

Best regards,

Deepak

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.