Anonymous
Hello community, I am a fresher to the HR field, with no educational background or professional experience in the same, I did a HR internship and landed a job as a HR Executive at a startup. I am about to complete a month here, I am the only HR in the company and this company does not have any proper structure for leave management and performance management so I am having to start everything from scratch. They have handed me with responsibility of hiring atleast 15 positions for 3 branches, managing payroll and performance along with other in-office work. I don't have problem with doing the work but sometimes it's too much pressure on me as I am a fresher.

I have nobody from the HR department to guide or teach me of what is the correct thing to do. The company does not think much from the employees side and as a fresher they are trying to mould me into something I feel is not good for my professional growth. A HR is supposed to be a friendly and approachable person. I keep getting reminded to not get involved with my colleagues where I am just trying to make new acquaintences/friends. The office is all about work, rarely have I seen my collegues laughing, they have so many complains with the management. They also do not provide provide provident fund to their employees. I am confused with what to do, I request experienced HR professionals kindly guide me through this.

1. Should I stay in such an environment or look for another job?
2. How many months should I stay in this company that will help me land a similar role at a well-reputed company?
3. If I stay at the company now will this benefit me the long run?
4. If I stay, how should I implement new leave management and performance management systems step by step? I need to know everything from scratch because I have no idea

From India, Bengaluru
NK SUNDARAM

First rule is at an young age, you can learn as much as possible when you are young and also at this age, you can afford to stress yourself a little more than a 40 or 50 year old employee. This company is giving you responsibilities in HR domain. Here is a great opportunity to develop yourself. In many larger companies,, your role in HR will be very limited such as screening of applicants only, or just sourcing only, or sending out interview call letters, Now, you can learn all aspects of everything that is HR in nature. Never sulk, never complain about the workload. You should be able to streamline your activities, prioritise your activities in a sequence of requirement. People like us are always available for support. Best wishes
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.