sureshbabu_1982
Hi Guys,
I think we are deviating from the topic. Do we have any law or procedures which say minimum leaves for software industries.
In my company we follow a leave structure like,
CL - 12
SL - 12
PL - 36 & List of Holidays - 15.
Thanks,
Suresh

From India, Madras
svmcp5k

dear aravind
As per statutory records
Minimum 6 days sl
6 days cl
15 days pl
all software companies covered under shop and establishment act .
the above structure is minimum
U can give more number of leave but u have to maintain the minimum leve as per govt policy.

From India, Madras
sureshbabu_1982
Dear Murugan, Can you pls say the section in which this minimum leave as has been prescribed in the S & E Act Regards Suresh
From India, Madras
ptelang

Hi, I am working in software company,we have 20 yearly leaves,includes everything PL,CL,SL.
From India, Mumbai
nids04

Hi,

The leave rules are clearly outlined as per The Shops & Establishment Acts for different states.

The Delhi Shops & Establishments Act, 1954 states the Leave Rules in Section 22 as follows:-

a) after every twelve months of continuous service to PL for a total period of not less than 15 days
b) in every year to sickness & casual leave for a total period of not lesss than 12 days

i) but however, an employee who has completed a period of 4 months in continuous employment, shall be entitled to not less than five days PL for every such completed period.

And as per THE BOMBAY SHOPS & ESTABLISHMENTS ACT, 1948 it is as follows:-

The main provisions of the Act about the grant of annual leave with wages are as follows:
  1. An employee is entitled to annual leave with pay for 21 days for 240 days of work.
  2. An employee who has not worked for one year is entitled to leave with pay for 5 days for every 60 days of work.
  3. An employee is entitled to be paid before his leave begins half the amount of his leave pay.
  4. Leave with pay can be accumulated upto 42 days.
  5. A discharged employee is entitled to leave pay for the balance of leave to his credit. { Subsection 35 to 37}
Please let e now if this info was helpful.

Thanks
Nidhi

From India, Gurgaon
rameshgodb

Dear Arvind
Ours is also a software development company and we are also thinking of revising our leave policy making it on par with big weights. But can any one come out with facts on the following:
No. of leaves in a year
Holidays list - i.e. how many days can be declared
Working days - Whether All Saturdays are closed.
What are the office timings for the above scenario
Shall be thankful for providing info on the above.
Thanks

From India, Madras
rameshgodb

Hi Suresh Can you pl come out with the name of the software company as the leave enjoyed by you is really fantastic as many companies are having only half of what you enjoy.
From India, Madras
sureshbabu_1982
Hi Ramesh,
That is the problem, we are following a leave policy which is every old and that will be revamped shortly.
Major problem we face is that a employee will be unbillable for 2 months as per the current leave structure.
Can you say the section where minimum leave is mentioned in the Tamilnadu S & E Act.
regards
suresh

From India, Madras
rameshgodb

Dear Suresh
Tamil Nadu S&E Act section 25 of Chapter VI says very clearly that employee is entitled for 12 days each under Casual Leave, Sick Leave and Privilege Leave. But many IT companies are giving maximum of 20 days per year. I want to know from the members that any exemption has been given by the local government for maintaining minimum of 20 days leave by any IT company.
Thanks
Ramesh

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.