No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Should we retain such employees?
Yes 105 37.50%
No 178 63.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Mania
Hello Bhavani,
On the similar instance my advice would be to terminate the Hero on code of conduct... if not then ask him to leave the organisation with immediate effect...Indian market is not lack of resources... I m sure u sould find someone much better than this so called "Hero"...

From United Kingdom, London
waqaralvi
Tell the hero if he intends serving in the same organization, he must accept the workplace choosen by the organization.Dont make them feel as indispensable. Meanwhile look for replacements and ask them to leave when the replacement is ready to join or developed from within.This will give a signal to others not to use the organization as their 'love spot'.It is also worth mentioning that having an affair is anyone's personal affair and organization has nothing to do with it.But to continue such affairs one must keep the decorum of the place they serve.HR can render a councillation to guide them in their ongoing work attitude.

mishra.sumitra@gmail.com

Dear Bhavanikumarm,
Extra marital affairs, as long as they do not interfere with the functioning or the general environment of the workplace, is the private matter of the parties themselves. The office or employees have no matter interfering in it.

-But, the minute it starts interfering or causing disturbance to co-workers or to the general functioning of the workplace, they should be given a warning or a feeler. It is not advisable to mention it as the "affair", but as their general disposition (behaviour)or "what people have mentioned to the HR concerned".
-When there is public display, any event or general misfeeling about the affair ( like in the article in the original post), there should be a talk.
* Have a talk with them or ask their closest friend to mention that there is some talk about it in the workplace
* Counsel and mention to them that personal matters are better kept personal and out of business boundaries
* If it is leading to dirty linen being washed in public (spats, arguments or unacceptable things), have the seniormost authorityin the HR or their own dept talk to them about it being unethical
*Other measures if they reciprocate and ask for help-Psychiatric help(tell them they do not treat only sick people!); across the table session with both them and reach a consensus;transfer

Circumstances and problems;desire for treading the forbidden path drive deviant behaviour.
Affairs are sensitive matters as they are doing something beyond the social boundaries. it has to be dealt with carefully.

From India, Mumbai
Renu Handa

I definately agree.
This forum is not meant to serve as agony aunt column. The decorum should be maintained not only in the ofice but also in this forum.
Such queries do gain interest of the members but I feel they move away fromtheir track.
Best,
Renu

From India, Bhopal
robograj

Colleagues

I am from a BPO Industry, have seen many incidents like this, let me put my views to you.

As an organization, we cant do anything related to their personal life nor we are authorised to give suggestion as it is their personal life, each individual is responsible for their activities, behavior.

If we are looking at a organisation side - Supporting / educating in their personal life is must as per current scenario due to the western culture is getting impacted in the indian culture, suggest we be prepared to keep some activities in religious and cultural. (some body has quoted already), which would lead them to be in the humanity ground. It has the challenges in all religion.

As a organisation - Policy front - some body has rightly said - in indian markets there are hell lots of talents are available. I still remember my boss said to me 8 yrs back when I was working in a Piramyd Retail - "I dont require a excellent performer with the poor behavior, I can run the business with the average performer with the good behavior". Even the ops team suggest to retain them - please be a Judge.

Also in our performance cycle - the bell curve - we are concentrating on the average performer ground.

My suggestion would be : please do not encourage the employee (Male) to move to different location. at this time - thus would be quiet difficult :!: caz as you have already given the option to the lady, so there would be a challenge to manage the employee if he is insisting to move to different location though he stated that he will be resigning.

Also keep the different location HR is updated about the female employee. Incase any issues - take the employee away from the system.

If we are not going to clean the bucket which we are responsible, then the dust will spread in the industry.

From India, Pune
bamasuresh
Hi These sort of dilemmas are not worth pondering. ek nahin to doosra. nobody is too good to lose. regards bama
From India, Mumbai
plbabu9
Dear Friends,
From this We can understand that the Hero wants to transfer Mumbai inorder to continue his illegal relationship with her. This is not good at all to their families and their children and to the society. If we encourage them, this disease spreads to all other parts. Company can give two options to the Hero that either to continue in the present job or resign to it. I can say one thing, counselling to them very helpful and advisable at this stage. As a friend, I explain them the results of their relatioship........ How your children and society going to treat you. How their relationship damages with their family members................. there so many bad results. So, I advise all ......... prevention is better than cure.
plbabu

From India, Hyderabad
caroline_mba

Dear All This is business. If the guy is needed in Mumbai then transfer him. Else say a no. Its not his family being transfered. Dont encourage any gossipping. Regards Caroline M.
From India, Coimbatore
suman_datta123

I am fully agreed with you Mr. Kumar..........People are using this site as a chatting portal where most of the time personal or other's personal problems are discussed. .....Please stop doing these......
From India, Calcutta
Meenu27

Dear Bhavani,

What I suggest, being in HR we have to play our cards diplomatically and at the very same time, we have to be professional also. Please don’t accept all these things in the office and make a strict code of conduct for all the employees so that in future these types of things doesn’t happen, anyway it is okay if the lady has been transferred to some other location but that that man should not be transferred to same location, otherwise other employees will take all these things as granted and these type of incidents might be happened again.

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.