No Tags Found!

vineeta81

:mrgreen: :-? :-? ..i have a problem pertaining to comp. off..hope any of seniors could come to my rescue:-
I have a Workman who had joined in march (still on probation)..he hasnt taken even a single off yet..but now he is saying that in order to go to his hometown, he wants to take leaves in september for "9" days altogether...

and he is eligible only for either CL or SL...(which are 6 each for him since he has joined mid year)..BUT, either he can avail 2 CL or 2 SL at the same time...

if we deduct 2 out of 9 then we just have 7 days left..how can i give him 9 days off lumpsum??...is there any policy for compensatory off prescribed by Govt???

plz suggest me, what should i do :icon14::icon14: .. :-?

From India, Delhi
rkandadai

Hi Vineeta,

Compensatory time off is earned by an Employee who works on any weekly holiday, and other Official Holidays or some times extra time worked in an organization subject to the prior approval of the Sanctioning authorities.
A Employee will have to put in minimum of 45hrs(9hrs a day *5 days) [ or at ur discretion as per your company policy of working hours in a day for employee] in a week and any thing over and above 45hrs base in a week will be treated as compensatory-off-hours which can be consolidated once in every month to arrive at total number of compensatory-hours per month by You or apart from those number of hrs worked extra if its a policy in your company , you can also check if he has worked any extra days or not and you can treat the same as comp offs.

I can share a case where in ruling was given

IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
SUBJECT : OVERTIME ALLOWANCES

DATE OF DECISION February 6, 2006

As per that,The material portion of that circular reads as under:

i) The staff who are required to perform ovetime duty for the full prescribed hours or work on Sundays (or other weekly off days or second Saturdays) or other holidays/public holidays should as a rule be granted compensatory leave in lieu. Employees who are required to work on such days beyond a full day may be allowed a days' Compensatory Leave in lieu of the full day work and paid overtime allowance for the excess time put by them minus one hour free duty. In cases where an employee is required to work for half-day or less, e.g. From the time the office open till lunch time, two such half days should be taken as equivalent to one full day for the purpose of grant of Compensatory Leave.
Where necessary half-a-day's Compensatory Leave may be given. Cash compensation in the form of 'Overtime Allowance' for duty on Sundays/Weekly off days/second Saturdays/Public Holiday may be granted only in very exceptional circumstances where an officer not below the rank of G.M./C.I.A./F.C. Is satisfied and certifies that it is not possible to grant Compensatory Leave.”

All said comp off is at the discreation where in HR need to make a flexible policy and go by that, that helps employees putting in extra efforts by working extra time as per the job Demands...

So, please check his eligibility and grant him leave accrdingly.

Regards,

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.