No Tags Found!

ramkpoddar82

Hi pratham,
Thanks for your suggestion, its not about senior or junior, anyone can be a victim of frustration or depression, what all need a positive motivational support from anyone, no matter whether the person is senior to u or junior to u.
I wish you all luck to grow in future, and billions thanks for your suggestions.
Tk care
Regards,
Ram

From India, Mumbai
Highwaydon
Hi
Problems exist every where, well every orgnaization and bossess have certian style to operate to get their work or priorities. Sometime you may call dictatorship, autocrat, diplomat, & what not,... the key is trying to accomodate the change and being flexible, Sometimes. we all face critical acclaim when it becomes personal and hurt (Self Esteem) the prime reason our beliefs which carried positive opinion turns to -ve in the next light when you are in bad books.

Look deeper within is there anything that i can doo to help myself,.
-Is there a way to mend my relationship.
-Is there something i need to compensate to rebridge the communication
-Do i need to be obssessive or keep gap silence for other person to understand

& Finally, if set your own priorities and goals which you intend to achieve, which is not subjective to dependencies, which make you feel strong as You are bound to get What you planned and intended"

Going to interviews where you need to find answers and justifiable answers and importantly +ve ( where you NEVER back bite about your boss) the golden principle and keep your tone, body language modulated, this will boost your priorities and lead to do best at what you are doing

All the best

From India, Bangalore
penubothu

Dear Ram,

Indeed nice talking to you and wht i have understand tht from your points which mentioned in this forum.... you dont want to take pressure and want to be cool person in HR Dept.... Ex... when you have tried to help your Engineers to provide them the Communication training and your boss objected it because of lossing the Current Employees and expecting the new problem in future after hiring the new staff.... so being into HR you should have followed the rules and regulations of the Organization...and as you said that your boss had started giving you more tasks with deadlines and might be its not possible for you to deliver the solutions for given task, so this could be the reason for looking a change..

My self having around Years of Exp in HR - as Generalist and joined a Comp in Last year June 2008 and before joining the Comp Mgmt have told me that need to take care of Entire HR Gamuts and its was nice going on till my probation completes, after my probation completes then the real pressure started to me from my two bosses....even i also taught same like "U" in initial days to switch to different comp who have ethics and culture, that time i took two days of leave and enojyed those two days and back to office then i really understand what my boss need from me, so for few days i have acted like the same then there after i slowly started them showing the comparision with different companies and their culture, now its been totally changed like, i can independent take decision which will be benefits to the Organization and now me became a member of Global HR Team of my Organization

So i can only say you that the difference between the the impossible and the possible lies in the mans determination and once you switch over to other Comp then you might have not given that much freedom to do experement and its better for you to stick with the same for some more time and try to make changes in your current boss by showing the Organization Development / Structure, because as you are with the same Employer since 10 months and you might have idea about what is your boss and others, so act accordingly and then take actions slowely and implement them..

this what i can say you and be wise while taking the decision and all the very best for the step what you take

From India, Hyderabad
hbspvt
Hi Ram,
How Are You?
Yes, problem is serious bcz its directly affect to you future planning, goals and satisfaction. you have been that org. from last 10 months Why cant you continue for next two Months you will solve the problem of 10 Months and meanwhile look for better opportunity. Might be bcz of Hurry you will fall again under such types of bosses.
HR professional is nothing but dealing with PEOPLE sometime good and sometime like your BOSS. don’t worry Keep it up and Best of luck.
Regards,
Chetan..

From India, Hyderabad
rjat

see dude ,many times its happen to us .As u say he is ur boss.so rather than changing his attitude it should be better for us v hve ro change our attitude.i know its very difficult to do that .as HR PERSON V R KNOWN FOR OUR CREATIVITE & INNOVATION. so v r known for" NEVER SAY DIE ATTITUDE "do ur best it doesnt matter somone not appreciating ur skill and knowledge.
as far as interview is concern,u can tell them sir/madam my boss is very idle man ,he is paying me for doing nothing .but it against my RULES.I m the man WHO WANT TO EXPAND MY SKILL & KNOWLEDGE.I think that position which u hve is best sutable for me .
knowledge.

From India, Pune
AmreshMishra

Hi,

The suggestions posted here is appreciable and carry deep meaning in it.

However, I would not advise you to leave and go somewhere else. Quitting is not always the resort. I am also not asking you to fight, struggle or make an attempt to change person's (your Boss's) behavior. But, you must introspect, take some leave and go off this scenario to think about it from a different perspective.

Remember, no corporate situation is IDEAL and problems, tussle, agony, pain, in-differences may prevail at all places. Dont' search for the situation where your suggestion are always given the importance or respect that you expect. You may be thinking from your perspective but the company head or your senior member has to think from the perspective of betterment of your the entire organization. I don't know other list of your suggestions to your boss than arranging for training the engineers. According to your boss, the training may not be the solution to that problem or not required at all. Bosses have to think from many perspective, including the ROI and long term returns for company's betterment.

According to you, your boss may be an idiot and he does not carry any long term vision and does have ability to think and implement novice ideas. However, there are always two sides to look at and I advise you to take the second look at the whole situation.

Remember, you have spent 10 good months here. You are aware of the bosses temperament and other things here. However, new company may have all strange things and you may feel in worst situation than this.

Think again...

All the best

--
Amresh Mishra
Behavioral, Sales, Customer Care & Leadership Coach

From India, Delhi
Raj Kumar Hansdah

My dear Ram

Your story sounds too familiar and so, I know its genuine.

I have more than 20 years of experience in HRM; yet I shall not advise you about "changing/reforming" the boss, the owner of a private limited company.

Human nature is the most difficult thing to change (though, not impossible); considering it is a product of personality (which again is too complex), attitude, belief, behaviour etc.

Owners of private limited companies, behave exactly the way you have written. they are the "maliks" and people who get salary from him are 'slaves'. They do not have any respect even for the labour laws of the country. They can buy the officials and politicians, so they go along their way merrily, without the least concern for people like you.

You can flourish and grow fast under such dictatorship, if you say "yes, boss" with every sentence, praise them sky high and are willing in general, to 'lick their boots'.

But my assessment of you indicate that you are an upright, a real "human" resource manager. Else, you would not have felt uncomfortable with such a situation.

Dear friend, I have only one suggestion - do your best to move off as fast as you can. You can handle the Interview. Tell the truth, without sounding harsh or bitter; just that "I feel I can not give my best under such restraining, un-healthy working environment."

Be confident, if it is a good company; they will definitely hire you;

if it is a bad company; then let them not hire you - because you are already in one.

Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Vasant Nair

Good Gal Ash has given you a very nice, detailed overview of the reality.
A Bad Boss is very often the resaon why employees tend to want to move on.
Yes Son, time has come for you to explore other avenues...there's no point in languishing in your present set up.
Getting up with a lousy feeling, "Oh Shit!, I have to go to work" and you arrive there with a heavy crestfallen state...its no use carrying on and damaging your own self in the bargain.
Like Ash said, you are young and there's actually no point in even trying to persuade your Boss to change...just look around, find another job and move on.
Best Wishes,
Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
Jiffy
Hi Ram,
Look if things are so bad which is as a matter of fact, then look for othe option but DONT leave your current job without getting another job at hand. Yes the best reason for looking for change would be "I want to utilize my skills and enhance it among my employees". I would also suggest once if you get your job, pls highlight the same to the higher managment authority. That does not mean you need degrade your immediate Boss, but you need to highlight the problems which the company is facing in large. In the the employeesa re getting affected. Long way to go Ram....you will succeed. Take Care.

From India, Mumbai
pratapkamble

Dear Ram
Start looking for other job.
Till then handle boss as practice to handle difficult people.
Every difficult behaviour have motives ,Criteria.
Know those of your boss and handle him ,the best possible way.
Till the new job take a chance to learn how to handle such boss.
All the best for New job,You will Difinitely get better job.
Because every body get chance.
Regards:icon1:
Pratap Kamble

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.