No Tags Found!

jaydeep-darji
Hi, I worked as a Director of Operations in one of my relatives' company. It was new office and i have to handle them and all operations. I was directly hired by the owner. I didn't apply or bagged for job. We tried to make that startup office successful but unfortunately we have to shut it after 1.5 years. Now, i have 13 lacs of dues with the company including 8 months of salary, 4.5 lacs of employees salaries and 3.5 lacs of expenses of the company. I waited for One and half year for this. During this time i asked many times and he ( The owner who is relative of mine) told me he will pay me all money but give me some time. I trust on him. But now he is saying talk to his manager. He is handling all. He is saying he has not hired me directly. His company hired me. His Manager is not directly answering me. Saying me i am not able to pay you in one shot.

What should i do in this case? Please help me.

From India, Ahmedabad
p-lekha-jacobs

Jaydeep - this seems to be trivial personal-cum-familial matter. For the employment sake - if you have signed any letters, documents, papers, etc, then your relative is bound by it. If the documentation has been executed legally - then you can pursue a legal action.
However, this seems like more of a familial matter where your money is being withheld by a relative. This is very much opposite to how a corporate works.
Please seek familial interventions into this matter - we better keep it to that.

From India, Delhi
jaydeep-darji
Thank you P-Lekha-Jacobs ji. I agree that he is my relative but at the time of joining we have involved our parents and family. My joining to releasing was done with proper legal procedure. No after i told his manager that i have to visit Labour office, he is threatening me that go and file the suite against me then and then i will pay you money. He is also threatening me that at 40 locations in India, 400 people tried to get monty through Labour office but nothing happened till today.
From India, Ahmedabad
jaydeep-darji
Sorry, in above thread it is written we have involved, but it was typo. We have not involved our families in this matter.
From India, Ahmedabad
p-lekha-jacobs

Keeping in mind the above, please see a lawyer immediately and seek assistance - especially the one who specializes in labour laws.
From India, Delhi
jaydeep-darji
Thank you P-Lekha-Jacobs ji. I will find a good lawyer fo this.
From India, Ahmedabad
gannahope

Sir this is clear case of cheating IPC420. Approach a lawyer for all such dues including ur salaries. Public court trial will settle your problems. instead of this platform. Pls.
From India, Nellore
Bhartiya Akhil

Dear Jaydeep-Darji,
Your manager is ready to pay you in instalments. Is it right? Then why you want to make a case and spoil the personal relation / family relation with the owner.
Settle to issue with good terms. This is my advise.

From India, Mumbai
Bhartiya Akhil

Dear Jaydeep-Darji,
My above response was on reading the last sentence of you in your first post. I now read your subsequent post and responses by other learned members.
I agree with Gannahope. But still think it before. I will not tell you to forgive your 4.5 Lacs. Try some different method settling the issue through mediators since the owner is your relative.

From India, Mumbai
rkn61

Can you give a latest update on your Final settlement cheque?
I would also like to invite you to peruse the below mentioned thread, which is more or less
related to your case. You may get some solutions.
https://www.citelegal.com/2488-need-...ctor-post.html

From India, Aizawl
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.