No Tags Found!

vijaykarthikmouli
Hi all, :beatup:

I have finished BE & MBA. Should you feel that for a finance person BCom with MBA than BE with MBA will be a added advantage.

I am interested in Market research & Equity research. I am good in Using management softwares and effective use of MS office application and i have designed many data base systems and interest in using many animation tools.

Will Learning SAP adds value to me??????

:confused:How can i proceed with my career path...///...:confused:

Vijay Karthik

From India, Coimbatore
thinkjobz

Hi Vijay,
Its impressive that you already know what you want to do.
Its not a necessity that for a finance role you require BCom, The preference of companies to hire a BE is that generally BE from good institutes does have quite smart candidates also the logic of BE guys can be considered to be better.
Learning SAP FI module will definitely help to get a good opening but please ensure that you do so from a certified institute eg: Siemens or Genovate etc...
Thanks & Regards,
AJ

From India, Thana
vijaykarthikmouli
Hi, Really Because of your reply i am boosted with confidence. Can you help me in knowing SAP - FI Module. How to be certified SAP Professional. Please, Vijay Karthik
From India, Coimbatore
thinkjobz

Hi,
FI stands for finance.
SAP FICO stands for Finance and Controlling.
Please check the following links:
SAP - Business Software Solutions Applications and Services go to india and find institutes to learn about places to learn SAP but all the general information is provided in the same site.
Regards,
AJ

From India, Thana
kohidev
Referring to the comments made by thinkjobs in response to the problem posed by vijaykarthikmouli regarding SAP as a feasible career option I must say that there is no point in taking SAP for a fresher.A fresher even after spending a good amount of money and learning SAP will be unable to get a job since to get hold of a job in SAP you need to have atleast 3 years of functional experience.- Dev
From India, Calcutta
deeptijayam

hey vijay,
to tell you i did the same thing..as in i did my MBA with Finance and shifter to HR cos i wanted to work w/t people and i have a flair for it.........its not that difficult if thats what u wanted to do.....u know.....
but then if u interest lies in equity research....then why would you want to shift ....... and SAP you really require domain experience......trust me...with out which you wont be able to understand any thing much......
so dude think before u decide to do anything and u seem to be involved with analysis of HR data....why dont u keep doing it and get a qualification in HR cos that would really help.......may be a long distance course...
let me know as to what u think of it.......tacre :-)

From India, Hyderabad
Rajan_MHC
Hi Vijay
I agree 100% with the two above quotes of Mr AJ & Sumit.
I also had a doubt like you when I shifted my focus from Finance to HR after around 7 years exposure in the former domain. Certainly it is matter to have a broad and critical thinking. Like Finance also HR have became know a prime area of talent investment. HR is now an ontime updated way of living in the corporate world.
But one must be updated about the latest methedologies and models of corporate HR.
All the best,

From India, Bangalore
thinkjobz

Hi guys,
I definitely dont recommend SAP to freshers, and in any case if freshers do contact the mentioned certification institutes they would guide you in the same manner.
The requirement was for information on SAP and hence the details forwarded.
Regards,
AJ

From India, Thana
balaji_rbg
Hi, Vijay you can switch over .... you can learn not a difficult one .... Dont keep changing .... Changes are good not always... Regards, Balaji, Training & Development Exe. in an MNC Mumbai.

sajid_sultan

Hi Vijay,

You seems to be little confused. Switching just due the low job opputunity seems to be inappropriate. As said earlier the Finance sector is growing more rapidly than any other sector. According to me you should look into area of "Wealth Management" as per your profile, there are lot to be explored in this area.

At this point of time switching to HR domain will amount to starting from ground 0. Which according to me is not a wise decision .

Think again on all the areas before deciding.

Thanks,
Sajid Sultan

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.