daviddedwin
Hi,
I have seen a recent happening in which employees have been forced to register in the National Skills Registry (BPO and IT employees). The registration includes data from your birth certificate to your fingerprints.
I have come to the conclusion that mandatory registration is illegal.
The context : The employer is forcing you into a separate relationship with the NSR (National Skill Registry) and does not take liability for that relationship, though they force it on their employees. The relationship is subscription based (means you pay for it every year).
I would compare it to a bank forcing you to take a credit card for which you pay 750 Rs. per year when you want to open a new account.

Look for details at: <link no longer exists - removed>
What are the thoughts in the HR community on the mandatory registration in the NSR ?
Regards
David

From India, Bangalore
raj_kumar
I support your view.Companies should take the liability,why should we pay for it. I don’t need it...if they need they should pay for it. Raj

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.