Vijaya21382

Dear Seniors, Please let me know if there are any compulsory legal provisions for women employees to be provided by the employer. I know about Maternity Benefit. Regards, Vijaya
From India, Hyderabad
essykkr

Apart from Maternity Benefit Act, other is Equal Remuneration Act as per this there is should not be discrimination in wages for same category of employees on basis of sex.
Secondly, Prohibition of working of women employees during night shift without the permission of concerned Authorities as per States S & E Act & Rules. and Factories Rules.
other provisions are same for male or female employees.
Regards

akanoray

Dear Vijaya
Under few labour legislation female have been protected from any kind of exploitation and female have some soft corner. If you go through Factories Act female have been prohibited to work between 700pm and 700am i.e during night, deployment on any hazardous process, dangerous machine. Female should be provided with separate toilet, wash rooms, lunch rooms, rest rooms, creches, lockers etc. For computation of 240 days for eligibility of PL maternity leave will have to be taken into consideration. Protection is also given under Mines Act, Plantation Act, Transport Act, ESI Act, Equal Remuneration Act, Motor Transport Act and many more legislations. You will have to through the detail provisions of each Act.For any guidance you may please write at
Avinash Kanoray

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.