No Tags Found!

diksha-mahna1
Hi, I am working as an HR in a software company and I need to prepare the probation review form.
Can anyone help me with the format and the parameters on which the software engineers, QA tester and technical support employees will be evaluated and also how it needs to be conducted? Can you please explain?

From India
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Diksha Mahna,

A Post-probation review is a company-specific activity. There is no generalisation as such. The review is conducted to check whether the newly joined employee is suitable to make him/her permanent employee. The review differs from one designation to another even in the same company. Additionally, though it is a review of the employee, in a few companies this review is also used to check the efficacy of the recruitment. The review highlights whether the hired employee was bad and what % of recruited employees were bad.

Nevertheless, to answer your query, I can suggest you refer to the parameters of the recruitment. The same parameters can be used for the post-probation review.

The parameters common to all could be to check the soft skills of the probationer. The parameters could be:

a) Attendance
b) Punctuality
c) Time management
d) Initiative (volunteering to take the assignments)
e) Speed of learning (please note, it is different from learning attitude. What if the employee has a learning attitude, but is slow in learning?)
f) Personal credibility (to check the employee's quality of being believable or trustworthy. Has the employee let down his/her colleagues or the manager?)
g) Ability to form a collaborative relationship with the colleagues (to check the esprit de corps)
h) Innovativeness (to check whether or not the employee comes up with suggestions for the product or the process improvement)
i) Job errors (you have checked the job knowledge in the recruitment. The number of errors prove the ability to apply the knowledge)
j) Eye for detail or thoroughness (this is to check the trait of being painstaking and careful)

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
sumitk.saxena

The Parameters should be :

1. Go through the job description.
2. Discuss what a probationer learned during the probation period.
3. State whether the job has met the establishment expectations.
4. Ensure appropriate the feedback received.
5. Inform the management of any areas where probationer struggling with.
6. Clarify how progressing probationer within the company.
At the end of the probationary period, the manager should conduct a "formal probation review meetings" of the employee's performance and suitability for the job. If the employee's performance is satisfactory, the manager - or HR department - should issue a letter of confirmation of appointment to the employee.
Hope this will be beneficial.
Thanks & Regards,
Sumit

From India, Ghaziabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: docx HR-Probationary-Period-Review-Form1.docx (18.5 KB, 352 views)

vinitthakkar25@gmail.com

Hi Please share format for evaluation form after completion of Probation period.
From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.