No Tags Found!

satish-bhanushali4809342
Hi guys, I need your suggestions/help. So I was working with this company called IDFC Bank. I resigned from it on the 13th Sept and my official last working day was the 13th of December (ie 90 days).
But HR and my line manager wanted me out early so they changed my last working day to 20th October. I told them that I would be serving the notice period but they wanted me out.
so my last working day was 20th October and today in my FNF sheet, the company is asking me to pay for my notice period and it has adjusted my 20 days salary against it.
what should I do in order to get my salary back and get rid of this notice pay?

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi Please raise this question to your HR. When the employee is willing to serve notice and if Employer relieved earlier such shortfall deductions should not be recovered from FFS.
From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi Satish,

It's important to consult with a legal professional to get advice tailored to your specific circumstances.

Review Your Employment Contract:
Check your employment contract to see if there are any clauses related to notice period, early termination, or any penalties for not serving the complete notice period. Understanding the terms of your contract is crucial.

Communicate with HR:
Schedule a meeting with your HR representative to discuss the situation. Explain your understanding of the notice period, the reasons for the early departure, and any agreements made with your line manager. Present any evidence you have regarding the change in your last working day.

Document Everything:
Keep a record of all communications related to this matter, including emails, messages, or any other written communication. This documentation may be valuable if you need to escalate the issue.

Consult with a Legal Professional:
If discussions with HR do not resolve the issue, consider seeking advice from an employment lawyer. They can help you understand your rights and provide guidance on the best course of action.

Employee Grievance Procedure:
Check if your company has a formal grievance procedure in place. Follow the established process for raising concerns and disputes within the organization.

Labour Laws and Regulations:
Familiarize yourself with labor laws and regulations in your jurisdiction. These laws vary, and understanding your rights as an employee is essential.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR):
Some companies have ADR mechanisms, such as mediation or arbitration, to resolve disputes. Check if your company offers any such options.

Company Policies:
Review the company's policies on notice periods and early terminations. Ensure that you are familiar with the policies that apply to your situation

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.