No Tags Found!

Asha2005

hi, One hour is really lot of time... in my office its just 30 minutes... and we need just that only.... therfore getting one hour is absolute luxury when i think of it Asha
From India, Madras
Hiten Parekh

Hi Fredazym !
What is your opinion after viewing the posts by our HR pros.
Have you arrived at any conclusion? We will appreciate if you let us know the current status or decision you made.
Regards,
- Hiten

From India, New Delhi
tarunaindia

Hi Freda
Nice suggestion already given there is nothing to make new do as follows like if u increase the lunch break u have to increase the WH,likewise if no increase in lunch break then no increase in WH.Its nothing like unprofessional if u want then u give and vice versa after all proffessional approach is the best to adhere with give and take policy...
thnx
tarun

From India, Lucknow
Rajan_MHC
Dear Freda
It is a practice in the work place to follow their own convenient timings for break. But it is observed that a lunch break from 30 minutes to one hour is followed. Considering the business and functional requirement a break of one and a half hour will be at high to follow. Please see that this is again depending on the nature and requirement of the business. Some companies performing well in their respective areas, have made sure that their lunch break does not exceed for more than half an hour.
I personally would like to follow a maximum of 45 minutes as the lunch break so as to make our work hours also balanced to the total personal time.
Thanks & Rgds
Rajan

From India, Bangalore
Ajaysimhan

Hi
I find any explicit or implicit logic in extending the lunch hours in any organisation. Considering the total man-hours one has to work in the office should not be changed. Changes in these line would definitely reflect on the productivity of each individual and that would ultimately end up in unnecessary wastage of time of employees. One hour lunch-break is also an uncommon thing in the present competitive world. So a further increase should be compensated either adding half an hour in the morning or evening. and there wont be any easy shortcut for that. The best way of avoiding or accepting the change is convincing the facts to concerned and detail about the implications in terms of arithmetic. You can ask those who presses for the change with specific solution for the shortage of man-hours. Since this a policy matter, enough discussions are required before coming to a conclusion.
bye
Ajay

From Brazil, Maceió
archana jog

Sure one hour lunch break is too long. Most of the companies have half hour or one hour only... I guess its not a good idea to increase it.
From India, Mumbai
shemanth
I guess you guys work 5 days a week, then make it a 6 days a week. the 6th day would be half day working (4 hours).
If the employees do not agree to this idea, management would surely.
finally desicion would be your management.

VR Kadam

Hi
The reason for asking this question may be that all the staff may be coming late after the lunch hour, and it would gone beyond the control of your Branch manager. If you accept the 30min extension in break then after a few days you will definitely find late coming.. This is a basic human nature... and it can be controlled just by imparting decipline among the staff...
Thanks & Regards
VR Kadam

From India, Mumbai
dsarkar77
I remember a story abt a house which didn’t have a lift and the owner would not let the 7th floor tenant use the stairs. You can not have it bothways friend.

Shashi HRD

Hi I would like to know as what your organisation actually does, Location and who heads the unit. regards Shashi Kant Upadhyay 9999551151
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.