No Tags Found!

nandaranjeeta
Hi,
In my opinion, the decision to increase the lunch hours is not right as the 1.5 hrs break will definitely stretch to 2 - 2.5 hrs, which will result in lost hrs hence loss of productivity which ultimately results in loss of revenue for the organisation.
Please do not promote any such requests of employees as this will lead to more such future requests.

From India
SUNEELKMASUR

Hi, your company works 5days a week or 6 days a week? If it is 5 days a week, then add 1/2 working day on sat. regards suneel.
From India, Bangalore
Silva

Dear
I think 1 hr is enough for lunch break. In spite of your management are willing to increase the lunch time. Then you have to arrange to increase the lunch time.
You are also mentioned that employee do not interest in increase the working hours. So, the rest of 7.5 hrs the all employee and staff must be given their 100% efforts and involvement in the work. On this condition it may be consider for increase the lunch break. If they would be failed to achieve their target and time schedule on production, submission the reports, manufacturing etc. It would be risk in developing the company and organization. Also in future if the management want to implement and deduct the lunch time it would be very difficult.
These all matter you have to put in the management.
Silva

From India, Delhi
sidcci
Dear All,
No matter what you have to do 48 hrs of work exculing the lunch break
in a week.
So main thing isn what is the reson behind increasing the Lunch Break?
Types of Industry.
Before hand Jute mills had 4 hours Lunch Break.
Like 6am to 10 am then again 2p.m. to 6 p.m. thats why so many labour laws are in force.
So in any Company Lunch Break is not vital as per Law after 5 hours of cont. work you have to give half an hour rest.The term is REST. not lunch.
Is it Clear.
Sid
CCILL
HR Head

From India, Delhi
Chai
Hey, Incase they want to take 1.5 hrs for lunch then the next option is make Saturday full day working (Incase you are not already) or else the next option is get to work by 15 minutes early in the morning and leave office by 15 minutes late in the evening. I am sure many will have their opinions about it and will finally say "1 hour is goo for lunch". :D (Hope this solves your problem)
Rgds,
Chai

padminihegde
Hi, Probably you can do one thing, Increase your lunch brk from 1 to 1.30 hr and ask your employees to work on alternative 1/2 Saturdays to compensate the same. :D Regards, Padmini Hegde
From India, Bangalore
Govil Nanda

Hey Guys I agree with Nilendra Since the management is agreeing in increasing the lunch time, so employees sholud also agree for increased working ours. :lol: Regards Govil Nanda
From India, Delhi
ruchii

hi to all,
in my opinion to extend the time of lunch break is not a great idea, because everyone wants to go home on time....so u shud keep it for 1 hour only....without taking ur office members opinion

From India, Delhi
chinnuhr

Freda,
The best solution i can give you is let the lunch break remain 1.00 hour and give them a grace time of 15 Minutes.so that every one will have a time of 1.15 minutes which will help you a lot.
One reason is even when they come back strictly after one hour, they spend time of 15 minutes to set their work.So when you give a grace time, some employees exactly take 1.00 hour and some take 1.15.
When they feel they are late, they start working immediately without taking few minutes to set the work.
Hope this will be useful...
Regards,
Chinnu

From India, Hyderabad
sidcci
Dear All, My question is why to increse the Lunch Break? Is it necessary ? What is the benefit for the employees because by any way they have to increase the duty hours. Sid CCILL Head HR
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.