No Tags Found!

shambanaik
I wanted to know if any employee who is part of the maintenance department can refuse to come for maintenance if he is called on Sunday.
From India, Panaji
nashbramhall

It all depends upon your company regulations and the contract of employment.
Have a nice day
Simhan
Leaning and Teaching Fellow (Retd)
The University of Bolton, UK
Chief Advisor, Promentor-consulting

From United Kingdom
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Shambanaik,
If you call anyone on Sunday then make sure that he/she get compensatory off. To avoid this contingency, I recommend you allotting duty to maintenance technicians on all Sundays. Start giving comp off in lieu of this.
But then there are few odd heads who refuse to work on Sundays. These persons may be counselled and then removed if required.
Thanks,
DVD
I wanted to know if any employee who is part of the maintenance department can refuse to come for maintenance if he is called on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

From India, Bangalore
skhadir

Dear Mr. Shambanaik,

I agree with Mr. Himadri Mehta and Mr. Simhan because, SUNDAY is the only day considered to be WEEKLY OFF and its a WEEKEND. If you have discussed TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT before APPOINTMENT, then you may MARK him ABSENT. Hence you cannot FORCE/COMPEL EMPLOYEE to work on SUNDAY without his WILL even if you are paying OT as applicable. Its your responsibility to MOBILIZE STAFF before hand by consulting your team for SUNDAY SCHEDULE/WORK.

Please be OPEN in your COMMUNICATION rather DICTATING YOUR TERMS. I am sure you will get employees who wants to work on SUNDAY'S

For example, in MIDDLE EAST, FRIDAY is WEEKEND. There are organisations working 7 DAYS A WEEK. In such cases, at the time of EMPLOYMENT, it is made clear about ORGANISATION'S OPERATIONS STRATEGY while defining TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT for ALIGNMENT. Those STAFF who are REQUIRED TO WORK ON WEEKEND, necessary arrangements is made for them to avail WEEKLY OFF during WORKING DAYS. Also, there is a FLEXIBILITY FACTOR for STAFF to avail WEEKLY OFF as per their WILL, which is the direct result of MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING/CORDIAL RELATIONSHIP between STAFF & SUPERIOR/SUPERVISOR.

With profound regards

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.