R. Kale
Hi, I am currently facing a major issue in recruitment especially for hiring Dot Net Developers which I would like to share here and request a solution for the same. We have been working hard to get candidates for the said position. After the entire long process of recruitment, we decide to go ahead and send an offer letter to candidates after discussing the salary part on the call to which they agree. But after receiving the offer letter they deny and don't join us. Some candidates after accepting the offer letter have not joined us. They say their company has retained them by giving increments.

Also while conducting interviews, candidates do not hesitate to mention that they already have an offer of XXX amount and if they get a hike then they can think of joining us. This is ridiculous. It means that they keep collecting offer letters and have no sense of commitment.

Can you please give me suggestions and solutions to this problem? Is it right if we do not give them an offer letter before they join us? Instead, we can just send them an email stating that they are selected. Please advice.

From India, Ahmedabad
KK!HR

This is the paradox, we abound in unemployment while there is a real dearth of employable candidates. In deed this is the scenario in most industries and even in highly glamorised IT sector too. One can think off getting fresh graduates or go for campus recruitment itself and training them. You are looking for experienced candidates and the ones with real experience are hard to come by. So they will definitely ask for more and even at the last moment turn away from you. You will have to offer extra and can consider a joining incentive.
Deferring the offer letter, is not going help much, it is felt.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.