tsk.raman

Dear Dash,

The variety of in-puts you've received in perhaps the best you can get and given the situation in which you are only you can weigh the "pros and cons" or the "merits and demerits" and make the final call. It's not going to be easy, for it's always going to be as it ever was "Management vs Union."

I wish to share an age old story which will convey what I want to bring to light:

"A Zen Master saw a scorpion drowning and decided to draw it out of the water. While doing this the scorpion stung him. By the effect of the pain, the master dropped the animal which again fell into the water drowning. The master tried to pull the animal and newly stung again.

A young disciple who was observing the Master approached him and said: "Excuse me, M. .. aster, but may I ask why you insist on saving the life of the scorpion??? Aren't you able to understand that whenever you try to pull water it will sting you? '

The master replied: "The nature of the scorpion to sting and it is not going to change it's mind on to who is helping. '

Then the teacher thinks and using a leaf, he took the scorpion from the water and saved his life, and then turning to his young disciple, he continued: "Do not change your nature if someone hurts you, just take precautions.

Some pursue happiness, others create it. Concern yourself over your conscience as your reputation. Because your consciousness is what you are, and your reputation is what others think of you ...

When life presents you a thousand reasons to cry, show him that you have a thousand reasons to smile. '

From India, Hyderabad
K C S Kutty

The views expressed by Shri TSK Raman is perfectly correct based on his indepth knowledge of the legal provisions and rich experience in the industry. Sir, go ahead with your valuable guidance ignoring silly comments.

From India, Madras
shishirsingh083

first of all appoint a female mentor from your existing team else hire one female staff to check such activities. But be careful that person should be of company confidence.
From Taiwan,
couvery

Instead to counseling her, better you can have a talk with the contractor and ask him to replace the worker.
From India, Lucknow
loginmiraclelogistics

Dear Mr.Dash,
Some of our friends didn't understand what you said about her - 1) she is a widow of a deceased ex-employee appointed on compassionate grounds 2) she holds a permanent post 3) she is illiterate 4) backed by the union and 5) she is not performing to your expectations.
Let me suggest these - 1. If you have more than one union probably you may have some solution to this problem. That is old British method , divide and rule. Issue a show case notice, translate in vernacular/mother tongue of that employee, one copy paste it on the notice board and one copy issue to all the unions. Follow it up with reminders, and mark copies to all the concerned including the ALC. Thereafter wait for the reply and if the reply is not forthcoming appoint an Inquiry Committee and leave the matter to them and act on the outcome. I think this will be workable.

From India, Bangalore
tsk.raman

From the time this query was raised it has drawn nearly 37 responses, on based on assumptions, including the last one.
We started off with not much of data, however it was good enough to put our 'thinking caps" which can make even the author of Lateral Thinking - "Edward de Bono," proud.
Sincere and humble thanks really to all those members of this community, for expressing what they felt and offered their advice/suggestions etc, they were good lateral thoughts flowing on this issue.
We have generated enough volumes, sufficient enough to publish a book, but what's really baffling me is Dash's silence, anyway if it helps him make out his action plan to face the problem and act on it else be bailed out will be our prayer. I guess Dash owes us a feedback for our knowledge and experience sake, whenever it is due. Small though the issue might mean to some, it has been absorbing indeed.

From India, Hyderabad
mmsmnk

You may maintain a record/log book of her daily jobs assigned and performed.You may appraise the Union and take appropriate disciplinary action in stages,i.e.first stage warning;second stage censure;third stage reduction in basic pay by stoppage of increment etc.Lastly,if there is no improvement, go for dismissal.
From India, Bokaro
dineshhrkt

record the late coming in papers and even the counseling & the misbehaviour in the company camera & keep it confidential till the time comes. then u just give her a show cause notice for late coming. if not ready to accept send a re.
gister post that a reply to be given in 48 hrs.

From India, Coimbatore
ashok pal

First received i complain regarding cleanliness of office from staff side. Then issue a memo regarding this complain and warn that this should not be happened in future. If she does it again then take disciplinary action against her according your rules and regulation.
From India, Indore
hrdtbp

You can give her First Notice ,Second notice & third notice .after that she doesn’t understand ,you can terminate or suspend no issue .
From India, Bhopal
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.