No Tags Found!

tasneem anis
why you are suggesting that employee to resign from the duty of the company as you told that she's a good resource to the company.
In this case, as suggested by sum1 else also, the company should offer her a bond to sign that she'll be with the company for min. period of 2 years after completing her MBA.
Cutting her salary by any % will definitely decrease her trust & efficiency in the company as well as work.
After completing her MBA HR she can be absorbed in HR dept. at a suitable post.
If she is good at her job then she 'll compensate for her 1 hr. early going and you know there are people in org. who fill their full hours of work but of no use.

From India, Mumbai
HI
many organizations have apolicy where in they fund the education of the employees.infact since the lady mentioned that she is likely to persue a MBA course she is completwly justified in leaving early.What I suggest is that you frame an educational policy for the ccompany wherein this lady may asked to sign a bond period or commit a period of stay in the company post completion of her course.Since she is an intelligent girl she may be a good resouce to retain.asking the employee to resign is completely unfair.

From India, Pune
nashbramhall

Hi Tina,
I did my Dip in Mgt Studies by part-time evening course. Where as I did my Master by part-time day-release where my UK employer allowed me to go for half ad ay a week for 3 years. This was encouraged. The company had policies where by people could apply for permission.
As Deepak points out above, you need to have policies which allow for exceptions. The attrition rate in some companies is high as they have rigid policies and also make poor selections and placement.
I had volunteered to work late on otherdays to compensate for the time lost or even work on weekends. But I did'nt have to, in the end.
Have a nice day.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
jyotinegi

Hi Tina,
I also agree with the comments of Sanjeev and Ankur. You cannot ask a person to leave the company being an HR executive. If she wants to pursue her MBA and even she has already informed, you may change her office timings for a certain period so that office work should also not suffer.
Regards,
Jyoti Negi

From India, Delhi
Bob Gately

Hello Tina:

>I want to set a rule in the rule procedure reason being an employee, who is an Executive Assistant to the Sales Director wants to pursue her MBA in HR which she had already said to the director at the time of interview and he had accepted since he thought the classes will be at 6:30.<

Then the MBA program is not a problem.

Why did the Sales Director think the classes started at 6:30?

>The employee did not inform the director that the classes had started and was leaving the off premises by 5:00 p.m on a daily basis.<

She has early classes five days a week?

How long of a commute does she have to get to class?

>If the employee is asked to discontinue the classes then she will quit working with the company and she is a good resource for us.<

Has the Sales Director talked with her about the problem he has with her schedule?

What upsets the Sales Director the most?

>Her side of the story she came to this company for the interview of HR Executive(She has an previous exp of recruitment in consultancy) which was filled by me the very next day they opted me instead of her and offered her a job of Executive assistant which is to know the working of a company. which excited her and hence joined in but now she is doing the work of Sales Co-ordinator.<

Be sure that your actions are in the best interest of the company and the employee and not in your best interest alone.

>I need to know how do i write a rule so that this working does not become a precedence for other employee to follow.<

Is she not getting her work done?

Is she salaried or hourly?

Can she start her work day earlier?

When I did an Executive MBA Program l had to be out of the office every other Friday for a year and half without a reduction in salary and no overtime. The pay back to the company was huge after just three months.

If you treat this employee poorly, you may not know the impact on employee morale.

From United States, Chelsea
tinaignu

Thanks everyone for your inputs

Dear geetha,

I dont want to put in an precedence to early leaving or employees coming in and telling that they want to do qulification's in a feild which is no help to the organistion.

Dear Sanjeev

Since my company is a small company there were no such policy designed currently i am writting procedure and policy for the company with the help of the director, Infact the company doesnt even have an written SOP(Standard Operating Procedure) in place for any depatment even the sales and purchase which i am trying to maintain.

Dear Deepak,

We cannot ask the employee to come in early since for her sake we will have to have one office boy present here 1 hour early and she would not have much work to do since the sales director would not come to office at around that time.

So even if she comes early we will have to pay OT to the office boy which actualy is a more costlier affair which the director will not accept to

So how do i change the leave procedure which i have written for this particular situation.

From India, Mumbai
tinaignu

The only thing good abt her profile rt now is which is not described properly is that she is getting an in hand exp of how the every dept works which will be anytime usefull for her in her HR career for future. Well that's my view point would like to know whether i am write.
From India, Mumbai
tinaignu

Dear Bob
The replies to your qts in the same order
1) He thought the classes were starting at 6:30 since most of the institute in here start around that time.
2) she has classes everyday 6 days a week
3) It takes around 15 minutes in a cab
4)No the Sales director has not spoken to the employee and he is most upset by the fact that she didnt tell him that the classes started at 5:00 p.m
5) She is a salaried girl, No she cannot start her day early

From India, Mumbai
Bob Gately

Hello Tina:

>1) He thought the classes were starting at 6:30 since most of the institute in here start around that time.<

What about the other institutes?

Why did the sales manager not inquire about the departure time?

>2) she has classes everyday 6 days a week<

All at 5 PM?

>3) It takes around 15 minutes in a cab.<

Thanks.

>4) No the Sales director has not spoken to the employee and he is most upset by the fact that she didnt tell him that the classes started at 5:00 p.m<

Perhaps she thought that other institutes also started at 5 PM?

Quite often when we make a mistake we look for others to blame. The sales director forgot to ask a most important question.

>5) She is a salaried girl, No she cannot start her day early<

Thanks. The early departure time, if necessary, is a benefit agreed to by the sales director who should use this as a learning opportunity about how to make a job offer with all issues fully explored.

From United States, Chelsea
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.